Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

I ALWAYS wondered why my EQ score was so low...and I never paid close attention to the old accounts....I have a MAJOR PROBLEM..with one account...

American Thrift & Loan
Opened-Aug 2003
DOLA-May 2004

35 90+ lates from May 2006-April 2008

I can not believe this account showed that many lates...I always thought myFICO report was reporting incorrect..because it shows NONE OF THIS on Truecredit...NO LATES...

I have no idea...this was an joint installment loan with my father in Aug. 2003...the car was stolen in Nov. 2003...I didn't have full coverage...so I still had to pay it off...my father filed for bankruptcy in 2004...and this was included..they paid some of it..but not all...I never paid..only disputed because I knew it was included in his bankruptcy...I knew I was going for a home loan...so I just paid the balance off...on $224.00...What am I going to do about these lates?????..I thought this was with a collection agency...that's why I never worried about the lates....these lates have been KILLING my score....EQ is my lowest score at 588...with on 1 chargeoff...1 collection...and 3 positive TL's...and 1 car loan for 18 months..never late...

I wrote a GW..that I'm going to send off tomorrow...I hope they budge....
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

It is possible that these lates are hurting your score but I just had an account deleted from Experian with lates and NO score increase whatsoever.  I have found a bigger score jump with CO coming off and with "improved" accounts.  I had one on Equifax that was a derog but since it was paid in full they changed it to paid as agreed and closed.  Equifax went up 9 points.  Still waiting for Experian to update the same account but so far I have NO LUV from Experian.  Smiley Sad  I believe that the "condition" of the account helps/hurts the score more.  (derog, included in wage earner plan, paid as agreed, etc)
Message 2 of 3
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

sly, I would do more than gw especially if they are reporting inacurrate info! Put on the boxing gloves my friend!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.