Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

I ALWAYS wondered why my EQ score was so low...and I never paid close attention to the old accounts....I have a MAJOR PROBLEM..with one account...

American Thrift & Loan
Opened-Aug 2003
DOLA-May 2004

35 90+ lates from May 2006-April 2008

I can not believe this account showed that many lates...I always thought myFICO report was reporting incorrect..because it shows NONE OF THIS on Truecredit...NO LATES...

I have no idea...this was an joint installment loan with my father in Aug. 2003...the car was stolen in Nov. 2003...I didn't have full coverage...so I still had to pay it off...my father filed for bankruptcy in 2004...and this was included..they paid some of it..but not all...I never paid..only disputed because I knew it was included in his bankruptcy...I knew I was going for a home loan...so I just paid the balance off...on $224.00...What am I going to do about these lates?????..I thought this was with a collection agency...that's why I never worried about the lates....these lates have been KILLING my score....EQ is my lowest score at 588...with on 1 chargeoff...1 collection...and 3 positive TL's...and 1 car loan for 18 months..never late...

I wrote a GW..that I'm going to send off tomorrow...I hope they budge....
Established Contributor
granny031350

Re: I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

It is possible that these lates are hurting your score but I just had an account deleted from Experian with lates and NO score increase whatsoever.  I have found a bigger score jump with CO coming off and with "improved" accounts.  I had one on Equifax that was a derog but since it was paid in full they changed it to paid as agreed and closed.  Equifax went up 9 points.  Still waiting for Experian to update the same account but so far I have NO LUV from Experian.  :smileysad:  I believe that the "condition" of the account helps/hurts the score more.  (derog, included in wage earner plan, paid as agreed, etc)
Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

Re: I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

sly, I would do more than gw especially if they are reporting inacurrate info! Put on the boxing gloves my friend!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+