Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Don't Get It

tag
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

I Don't Get It

I checked my score here on 8/31 and it was 634 from TU.  On 9/1 Capital One checked it at TU and it was 620.  How did it drop 14 points overnight????

No other inquiries or changes.  If it fluctuates this much how do I know when to apply for a loan? Or a mortgage next year?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: I Don't Get It

The TU here at myfico is the TU98 version, and Cap One probably used the TU04 which is an updated version of TU FICO.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 7
GregB
Valued Contributor

And/or it is a Bankcard enhanced FICO. This is assuming they used a FICO score.

It could be a non-FICO score. TU offers a popular New CC Account Score.

Did it state the exact type of score or at least the score range?

Message 3 of 7
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.  Too many scores and not enough access by the consumer.  How can we really know what is going on.....

The Cap One sheet says "Your Credit Score" and "Source: TransUnion".  It goes on to say that scores can range from 250 to 873.  In the graph of consumer averages it does say FICO Credit Score.  

I wonder if I asked Cap One if they would tell me the type of score???

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score isn't everything.  If you get rejected purely bc of your score do a recon and explain.

Message 5 of 7
dharalex
Established Contributor

I get your frustrations! Before I found this forum, I was following the plus scores from another site that has me at TU737/EX729/EQ712! I thought I was doing pretty well since I just start my credit rebuilding. After reading the posts, I pulled myFICO EQ/TU scores...as you can see, they arte quite different! The good thing is at least I know NOW and I didnt have to find out while applying for credit. Those fake scores are at least trending upward, and I've had some positive credit changes, so I will know Tues what the real deal is...

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

I wasn't rejected.  I got the card (with a picture of my cat on it Smiley Very Happy ).  I was just surprised to see the 14 point difference in one day.  I now realize it was a different scale so it must have been a different version.

I did fall for the FAKO scores last year.  I won't do that again thanks to the great folks here on these boards. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.