Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Feel So Guilty. Has anyone else done this?:(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Feel So Guilty. Has anyone else done this?:(

Wasn't sure a debt was valid or not and disputed and it was removed and now you feel bad wondering if it was just a debt so old you forgot it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: I Feel So Guilty. Has anyone else done this?:(

If it makes you feel better, removal is not necessarily absolute.

They may sell it to another debt collector, at which point you can investigate further.

Possibly, the next DV will be validated.

Message 2 of 5
toomchz4u
Valued Member

Why feel bad you played the game and didnt do anything illegal???
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nothing to feel bad about. If you truly didn't know, then you made the right move. It would have came back verified, or at least they had the chance to. But that didn't happen, and that is just how it played out.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I feel a bit better now...lol. Some debts were so far back I really don't remember. I have paid things I KNOW were my debts and feel a lil bad because now dealing with a brain tumor and some things years ago I have forgotten so financial counselor says simply dispute and maybe it is good karma they are coming off and probably also because as said, they can't validate the debt. With TransUnion, the original creditors are the ones deleting. Counselor says to keep disputing so maybe I will. So far just this month I have had a 35 point gain. If nothing else it is encouraging to know when you make an attempt to do things yourself, some times things workout okay.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.