cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I GET TWO STEPS FORWARD AND GET PUSHED 5 STEPS BACK!

tag
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

I GET TWO STEPS FORWARD AND GET PUSHED 5 STEPS BACK!

My credit score recently went down 46 points, I  had a target account that I was charged a late charge and a ret check fee.  So I had intened on catching up, but due to other circumstances i couldnt. So I called them for a "special payment arrangement" he rep advised that if i pay $26.00 today and $26.00 each month for six months that will get me straight...well I did that and for the next two months I continued to be reported at 30 days late so i called and asked what was told well i needed to pay extra money so it would stop reporting...but I paid what the rep told me to pay in the beginning...I asked for a goodwill update and they wont do it.. i was doing so well for the last year paying everything on time.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: I GET TWO STEPS FORWARD AND GET PUSHED 5 STEPS BACK!

When the clerk told you "that will get me straight," that was as nebulous as could be.

Maybe that meant to them that they would not charge-off the account, place it into collection, or bring legal action.  Who knows.

Their monthly billng statements still showed default of min amount to show paid under account terms.

They did not thereafter report a 60 of 90 day late, but just continued to show as only 30-days late.  That was a break for you.

Paying under a reduced payment plan does not necessarily say that prior delinquency is not there.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RESSECUP wrote:

My credit score recently went down 46 points, I  had a target account that I was charged a late charge and a ret check fee.  So I had intened on catching up, but due to other circumstances i couldnt. So I called them for a "special payment arrangement" he rep advised that if i pay $26.00 today and $26.00 each month for six months that will get me straight...well I did that and for the next two months I continued to be reported at 30 days late so i called and asked what was told well i needed to pay extra money so it would stop reporting...but I paid what the rep told me to pay in the beginning...I asked for a goodwill update and they wont do it.. i was doing so well for the last year paying everything on time.

What's the normal minimum payment on your Target account, without over-the-limit, late, or other fees or carried over past due minimum balances?

Unfortunately, unless you got in writing that a reduced payment plan (to cover the current minimum balance, and spread out the past due amount over six months) would not negatively impact your credit rating/be reported as lates to the credit bureas, then Target is probably reporting correctly. Have you been able to bring the account current yet? If not, you'll want to try to get it current ASAP to stop the negative reporting, and minimize the damage. Once you're current (hopefully PIF'd) you could try attempting to contact the Target corporate HQ in an attempt to goodwill the lates. Target isn't exactly known for their goodwill generosity, but there have been some scattered reports of success, here and there.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

Yes, the account is now current, and I only owe $40.00 on the account.  Will be paying that off next week.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.