Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I GOT MY JUDGMENT VACATED!!

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: I GOT MY JUDGMENT VACATED!!

Thanks Gamegrrl.  Yep I def need to stop the obsession!  But I'm not stopping until I get those medical collections off EX & EQ that do not belong to me.  It is wrong that they are there and a straight up violation.  I'm also going to continue to GW that guy to death for my stupid stupid water bill that I let go.  After those are gone, it will only be the BK and a couple other weirdo collections (Like a 46 dollar library book on EX.....I took the book back btw.  I feel pretty guilty about that one).

My SW report says that the top 3 hurting my score now are:  1)Negative items/PR (2005 bankruptcy).  2.  Seeking Credit  (EQ has 13 inquiries, only 6 or so are in the last 12 months but that is a lot) and 3.  Short credit history.  I had "good" credit history when I started, but bc of new accounts and student loans falling off, I now am at 4 years. 

Regardless of the three points, I just got myself sooner to a clean report by a long shot since the judgment posted 2/2010.  I'd hate to live with that thing until 2/2017 so I shouldn't complain.  And I won't anymore.  That was the motherload of all goodwills!

Have you thought about contacting the plaintiff's attorney for your judgment and offering to pay all the legal fees if they will submit the necessary documents to vacate?  Or definitely you should do what I did - It didn't cost any money.   I'd go for it if I were you!  I ordered my court records so if you want, I can PM you a copy of the letter I wrote.  (Not that you can't write your own GW, but it might give you an idea or two).

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 21 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I got my court records and the form I completed was called "Motion to Vacate".   The Judge had the court "file" it and 2 days later it was vacated by the Court, this was back in June.

TU and EQ have both deleted and EQ only went up 3 as I said, and per Credit Karma, zilch for TU.

The internet is full of horror stories about how hard and impossible it is to get a judgment vacated.  IDK why this worked.  It could have something to do with the fact that I was never served in the first place.  But the letter I attached to the judge did not say that was why I wanted it vacated.  The letter was a cheesy "please, I'm so sorry, it's all my fault, I'll never do it again" thing.

Good Luck to anyone out there w/ a judgment hanging over their heads.   I think this can be done.

Message 22 of 26
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

Hi Booner72,

I've read your post about getting your paid judgment vacated.  I have a judgment that was paid in full January 08, 2009.  Could you send me a PM with the GW letter and documents you used in your case.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Cherriwyn wrote:

Hi Booner72,

I've read your post about getting your paid judgment vacated.  I have a judgment that was paid in full January 08, 2009.  Could you send me a PM with the GW letter and documents you used in your case.  Thanks in advance for your help.

OK - Sent.  let us know.

Message 24 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

---Allrighty then. 

My EX score was always 50+ higher than TU and EQ and I always thought that was bc the judgment wasnt listed there.  it is the only major difference.

Now that the judgment is gone from EQ and TU WHY WHY WHY didn't I get more points???

I have prowled my credit reports with a fine-tooth-comb  at least 25 times, (no joke) and I can't figure it out.

Any thoughts?  I don't get it. 

Also, I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND buying Scorewatch through EQ and not through Myfico, Yes it's 3 bucks cheaper but my score is never updating and I have to call the CSR's to ask my score whenever I get an alert.  They tell me if you can believe it.  YIKES!

Message 25 of 26
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I am typing here the letter I wrote to the judge bc people PM me for it.  it's kind of embarrassingly horrible, but here it is regardless of that. Don't laugh.

Dear Honorable Judge:

Thank you for a moment of your time.  I will be as brief as possible.  I have fully satisfied the judgment for case number XXX

I am writing to request to have this vacated so that it will be removed from my three credit reports.  XXX County has already notifed the credit bureaus that the judgment is satisfied.  However, I am trying to buy my first home for my family and this is obviously causing severe problems.  I know that these problems are completely my fault for being irresponsible.

I have fully learned my lesson and the importance of fiscal responsibility.  I assure you, you will not be seeing my name for anything like this again!

Additionally, I had no idea that I could have appeared in Court to defend myself.  I should have sought legal advice but I did not.  i was told by the Collection Agency (AKA XXXXX) that if I did not sign the forms that they were going to garnish my wages.  I was scared and at their mercy.

I am just hopeful that the Court will allow me to have this removed from my credit reports so that I can move forward with my life.  A seven-year period of time is quite a sentence.  I just need one chance to restart my life for my children and for myself.

I also read somewhere that buying a house creates 60 jobs.  This would also benefit our county and our country at large.

Thank you so much,

BOONER

Yep,  I told you it was cheesy -  Can you believe my last sentence??  hee hee.

I just hope that the county sent a copy of this to the CA!!  Boy their blood must be boiling.  They're the ones continuing to RUIN my life w/ reporting DH's bills and there is NOTHING I can figure out to do to get them removed.  Everything comes back "verified".

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.