Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Got GREEDY....Lesson Learned

tag
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Re: I Got GREEDY....Lesson Learned

Thanks you all for your responses!! I thought about calling to recon... I just decided probably best I didn't.  I prob have too few accounts and not alot of payment history.  So that's fine... I'll try again in about 6 monhs.  No biggie.

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might as well recon it, honestly you already took the hard pull, can't hurt anymore, don't let that hard pull go down in vein!

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're being way too hard on yourself.  A couple of inquiries isn't going to kill you.  People make waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big of a deal about them.  If you're rebuildig your credit the inquiries are almost meaningless compared to your baddies.  Be happy that you got a new card and pat yourself on the back.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanna app for that QS1 so bad I can taste it, but alas I know my score won't cut the mustard. I will have to just garden my FH & VS accounts, plus my car loan I guess but I don't think my car loan is helping honestly, not hurting either.

Can you scrape together maybe $500 to put on two secured cards that have the possibility of unsecuring in the future?  Having those cards open for a while will really help you once you get your baddies taken care of.  The FH and VS are nice, but they aren't enough.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I had the money to do that honestly. 500$ is a lot of money to me at the moment, or any moment lol. I am really hoping these 2 cards + car loan do the trick, I know 3 is magic, but a secured card is out of reach for me, unless I wait a little longer and try the cap one 49/99/200 deal, at which point I would want to either do 49 or 99.

Message 15 of 18
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

If you do that with Cap 1, they allow you to make payments on your deposit... I believe they give you 30 or 60 days....

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Congrats on the new card first of all. And i am sure all that has started to re build credit can understand. Patience is truly a vertue.

I am taking stratigic steps as well. I wish you good luck just be patient and im am certain you and i will recover quite nicely. 

"Time is on our side"

"Gardening tell furthur notice"

Starting Scores: EQ/591 TU/592 EX/612 Date:May 15,2015
Current Scores: EQ/610 TU/618 EX/642 Date:June 4,2015
Utilization: 11% Date:June 4,2015

Goal Score Across the Board:

NFCU (10,000) USAA (800) CAP ONE (500) Macy's(600)

Message 17 of 18
brightsprite
Valued Member

I don't ever know what my limits are until I reach my toe out, fall down, and am able to say, "oh, ok, I'll stay on this side of that limit right there." I've definitely been there with a few denials after an acceptance. 

Scores: EX: 690 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016; EQ: 695 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016); TU: 715 (FICO 8, 03/22/2016)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.