Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE EQUIFAX

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I HATE EQUIFAX

I would write EQ a letter and ask for their MOV and letting them know this CA is closed with no way to contact them.

Unless, all of their accounts have been place elsewhere.

Message 11 of 25
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

I would write EQ a letter and ask for their MOV and letting them know this CA is closed with no way to contact them.

Unless, all of their accounts have been place elsewhere.

I think regardless of my intrepetation, I also believe this is 100 percent the next step..

If they don't respond favorably, I would attempt  a CFPB complaint.. I have had good success with breaking through CRA's thick skulls with those... although I did just have my first setback with a CFPB complaint..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

I would remind the of their obligation under the FCRA and I would file a complaint against them with the FTC.

What oblgation and what issue?

To me, it sounds like Commonweatlth, who upon purchase of the previous collection company took complete control and ownership of the accounts, has verified. If it is being verified, that is an eOscar issue, meaning Commonwealth is the party at fault here in my opinion...

-scott

Scott I was referring to EQ, The OP has a letter stating it should not be reporting and if EQ is refusing to use the letter shame on them. They are the ones not following the FCRA. 

The problem with that is, the letter is from a CA not reporting.

If Commonwealth bought the CA, they assume all ownershiip rights and responsibilities of the company.. correct? Therefor, they are now one in the same.. this isn't the case of CA selling an account, this a case of a company becoming another one..  I believe this is still a Commonwealth issue, because this company is now Commonwealth.. I am basing it on this quote from the OP:

" BUT the same debt is being reported ONLY TO EQUIFAX but under the CA Northeast Credit & Collections. i did my research because i wanted to reach out to Northeast about this and i learned that this CA is no longer in BUSINESS! THEY WERE TOOK OVER BY COMMONWEALTH."

I don't think this is a case of a NEW CA reporting, its a CA reporting that no longer exists, because it was eaten whole by Commenwealth. Commonewealth, by purchasing the entire company, assumes ALL operating and reporting for account aquired in the purchase. Therefor, this reporting is their issue.

As I said this is an opinion; I am quite certain I have been wrong before. But I dealt with this exact situation.

-scott

Actually, the CA DOES still exist.  The company was bought by Commonwealth, which would make them the parent company.  Northeast Credit and Collections is now called NCC and does exists and still collect. 

Since Commonwealth was paid and is the parent company of NCC, I would send them a direct dispute, along with the PFD letter of deletion and ask them to correct the error.

Message 13 of 25
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

I would remind the of their obligation under the FCRA and I would file a complaint against them with the FTC.

What oblgation and what issue?

To me, it sounds like Commonweatlth, who upon purchase of the previous collection company took complete control and ownership of the accounts, has verified. If it is being verified, that is an eOscar issue, meaning Commonwealth is the party at fault here in my opinion...

-scott

Scott I was referring to EQ, The OP has a letter stating it should not be reporting and if EQ is refusing to use the letter shame on them. They are the ones not following the FCRA. 

The problem with that is, the letter is from a CA not reporting.

If Commonwealth bought the CA, they assume all ownershiip rights and responsibilities of the company.. correct? Therefor, they are now one in the same.. this isn't the case of CA selling an account, this a case of a company becoming another one..  I believe this is still a Commonwealth issue, because this company is now Commonwealth.. I am basing it on this quote from the OP:

" BUT the same debt is being reported ONLY TO EQUIFAX but under the CA Northeast Credit & Collections. i did my research because i wanted to reach out to Northeast about this and i learned that this CA is no longer in BUSINESS! THEY WERE TOOK OVER BY COMMONWEALTH."

I don't think this is a case of a NEW CA reporting, its a CA reporting that no longer exists, because it was eaten whole by Commenwealth. Commonewealth, by purchasing the entire company, assumes ALL operating and reporting for account aquired in the purchase. Therefor, this reporting is their issue.

As I said this is an opinion; I am quite certain I have been wrong before. But I dealt with this exact situation.

-scott

Actually, the CA DOES still exist.  The company was bought by Commonwealth, which would make them the parent company.  Northeast Credit and Collections is now called NCC and does exists and still collect. 

Since Commonwealth was paid and is the parent company of NCC, I would send them a direct dispute, along with the PFD letter of deletion and ask them to correct the error.

This is why you get paid the proverbial non-existant MyFico forum big bucks! Good deduction on the NCC

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 14 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

scott said:

This is why you get paid the proverbial non-existant MyFico forum big bucks! Good deduction on the NCC.

LOL. 

Message 15 of 25
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I had the same problem with commenwealth... They were reporting as a new CA and the company on my CR was palamor was an old CA. When i paid commenwealth they both went away and my statement said Payment to Palmar but then days later Palmar called me for another old debt. It was crazy but they both were removed when i paid n disputed on all my cr's.

Message 16 of 25
kevinlee28
New Contributor

This is crazy I sent the Letter to Equifax and have disputed this 3times! I filed a complaint with the bbb and the cfpb so they responded back with they are reinvestigating. I just don't get why they aren't honoring the letter from commonwealth and commonwealth doesn't report it anywhere
Message 17 of 25
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Im rewarded with Milkduds scott Smiley Sad Guiness, nice research I just came back from the dentist my temp crown fell out. Daughter karate kicked me Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@kevinlee28 wrote:
This is crazy I sent the Letter to Equifax and have disputed this 3times! I filed a complaint with the bbb and the cfpb so they responded back with they are reinvestigating. I just don't get why they aren't honoring the letter from commonwealth and commonwealth doesn't report it anywhere

Did Commonwealth ever report it?

Message 19 of 25
kevinlee28
New Contributor

Yes but stopped after I did the PFD
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.