cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE Equifax! Could they be any more difficult?

tag
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

I HATE Equifax! Could they be any more difficult?

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with Equifax?  They are just THE slowest bureau, and are no help at all when you call.  I had a collection that I did a PFD for, and after almost 2 weeks I ended up filing a dispute with all 3, because the CA said it is usually gone within 3-5 days and advised me it may be quicker to dispute and send them a copy of the letter they emailed me.  Well, within a couple days it is GONE from EX and TU, but noooooo, not EQ- they want to take the full 30 days to "investigate"- even though the woman pulled up a copy of the document I scanned and seen the phone number for the person to speak to to validate the letter.  She said there is nothing she can do, I just have to wait the 30 days- and in my experience, they really do take every bit of the 30 days to complete their investigation.  I have heard of folks having a way to expedite this- like when they do a rapid rescore for a mortgage... any thoughts?  We are trying to get a personal loan and/or a refi by the 1st of the month and NEED this last baddie gone to do it!

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I HATE Equifax! Could they be any more difficult?

I understand your frustration, that's why you don't dispute.  And EQ was always slow for me.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Lesson learned- I was apprehensive about disputing, but thought since I had the documentation and the CA told me to dispute, that it would be quicker... now I am sad because we may have to wait 2 additional weeks before applying- grrr!  Well, this is our LAST baddie, so if we take care of our credit this time, hopefully I will not have to worry about PFD's, disputes, etc any more!

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Last baddie coming off.  Yippee!  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
ajsgurl0805
Valued Member

I actually have been having a better time with EQ than any other CRA. The CA who agreed to delete my 4 paid collections told me to put in a dispute so that she can answer back. I put in my disputes that night, called her that morning and while I was on the phone she was able find them in her database. She stated that it would take her about 30 mins to answer to them and they would be deleted within 3-5 days...sure enough they were all deleted in like 48 hours and that was over this holiday weekend. I also just called them yesterday to have them remove the dispute remark from Midland collection report and it was dont last night. Good luck with your case though. Try calling the CA again to ask them if they answered to the dispute yet. I actually have been getting great results from all CRA's.

Starting scores: EX:797 EQ:808 TU:777 (12/15/21)Goal: 850
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.