Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE First Premier

tag
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I HATE First Premier

So I call up to try to settle my accounts that have a DOFD of 8/2008.

2 cards 627.84

So I called the number I was given to call by the presidential email....

CSR demanded all my info.. I said I do not legally have to disclose my work or home or telephone..

Her response.. oh we got a smart one here. ( right then I knew issues)

So I ask what will FP settle for.

she said 60%. I laughed.. I said you in house collection offered me less. So then she went down to 50%. I said still they offered me less and I was told by *J**** in legal letterhead you would settle for the same if not better, since you do not have to pay your percentage on it.

This woman did not budge. I reminded her about the one card was all fees and that the reason they are not allowed to issue cards in NY is about the lawsuit and damages and fines they had to pay to NY for illegal practices; and they are starting up the next set and I have no issues with going onto the next lawsuit..

Still no budging. So I said I would have settled 4 accounts as my DH has 2 as well,

Also they said it would report as Settled NOT paid in full.

GRRRRRR... SO FRUSTRATED!

Oh yeah so I told her to go Whistle Dixie and I hung up

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rm3
Regular Contributor

Re: I HATE First Premier

+1 They will not budge to try and help at all. I have two charge offs with them as well. They don't seem to care about getting any money so I don't care about telling them i'll wait for it to fall off. One is out of SOL. They suck.

Message 2 of 4
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I just settled with them and they wouldn't budge on the 50%, luckily that was only $210, justfinished paying them off yesterday, waiting for my CR to update as they were killing my utilization.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

They are killing mine as well as my DH's but I could use that money instead in savings and pay it next year when it is 5 years and demand it to come off for the NY 5 year rule.

I got 14 other things off my DH's report so he only has his new CC's and these two darn FPB.

I am stubborn..

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.