Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAVE HAD A PRODUCTIVE DAY REBUILDING!

tag
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

I HAVE HAD A PRODUCTIVE DAY REBUILDING!

What a day! Rebuilding is a 2nd job!!! I have three credit card chargeoffs that are reporting balances, and today I contacted all three companies amd settled them. I was initially going to pay in full, but I decided to settle and goodwill them. Two of them are with outside collection agencies who are not reporting, and for that I am thankful. The OC for those accounts stated that I coild not negotiate with them and that I had to go thru the collection agencies.

Barclay on the other hand is still "in house" and they agreed to settle for 50%, which is a $102. They are mailing me a settlement letter, and Im thimking about negotiating a paid/closed status with them as opposed to "settled". 

I was also approved for a Capital One secured card, and today I paid the $99 deposit,so my card should be here soon! 

Student loans will be out of rehab soon too!

Things are looking up! :-)

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: I HAVE HAD A PRODUCTIVE DAY REBUILDING!

Nice! Just keep up productivity.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!.....Thanks for sharing...Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Way to go, nice job, your scores wil be soaring in no time Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amleigh wrote:

What a day! Rebuilding is a 2nd job!!! I have three credit card chargeoffs that are reporting balances, and today I contacted all three companies amd settled them. I was initially going to pay in full, but I decided to settle and goodwill them. Two of them are with outside collection agencies who are not reporting, and for that I am thankful. The OC for those accounts stated that I coild not negotiate with them and that I had to go thru the collection agencies.

Barclay on the other hand is still "in house" and they agreed to settle for 50%, which is a $102. They are mailing me a settlement letter, and Im thimking about negotiating a paid/closed status with them as opposed to "settled". 

I was also approved for a Capital One secured card, and today I paid the $99 deposit,so my card should be here soon! 

Student loans will be out of rehab soon too!

Things are looking up! :-)

Glad you're headed down the right path. I was in your place a year ago and I am now starting to see a significant increase in my scores, all thanks to this forum. I used to be on Ebay most of the day once I got home... now I'm here doing more productive research while I watch TV Smiley Happy

I'm just curious as to why you didn't negotiate PFDs prior to paying? Or am I missing something? At least for the 3rd collection thats reporting?

Message 5 of 7
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the encouragement! I wouldn't have been able to do it without the forums!

Message 6 of 7
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Hey Stonesy. They're charge offs, but the collection agencies aren't reporting on my credit reports. They're only working to collect on behalf of the creditors. The 3rd charge off, Barclay, said they are sending a settlement letter to confirm the arrangement, but I did consider sending a pfd or negotiate a better status such as "paid" or "closed" rather than "settled" since they said I had to mail in my payment.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.