cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS THAT I NEED HELP/ADVICE ON.

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS THAT I NEED HELP/ADVICE ON.

Hello Everyone.  I have two questions that I really need some good information and advice on.

I have a Wells Fargo Dealer/Auto Finance account that I completely paid off in 2013 but while paying this off, I was late a lot.

I was thinking about sending them a goodwill letter but I was told that after 2 years, the lates really are not calculated in your credit score.

Is this correct?

Second question.  If I sent a creditor a PFD letter and they sent me a response saying they agree to the terms or would remove for pay (on the companys letterhead and signed) and then went back on their deal, is there a way to make them honor it?

Any an all advice is welcomed. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS THAT I NEED HELP/ADVICE ON.

1.  If the derogs are 30-lates, they are minor derogs and have little remaining scoring impact after 2 years or so.

That is not the case with major derogs.

60-lates are 'tweeners that reduce in impact, but 90+ lates, charge-offs, judgments, collections continue to have signiricant effect.

2. Sent them a notification that you consider them in breach of contract, and give them 30 days to delete or else you will initiate legal action.

Message 2 of 4
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much Robert.  I will be sending out letters tomorrow. 

Message 3 of 4
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much Robert.  I will be sending out letters tomorrow.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.