Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I JUST TRIED LEXINGTON LAW CREDIT REPAIR

tag
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Re: I JUST TRIED LEXINGTON LAW CREDIT REPAIR

Yea since I first posted this I did indeed dispute it and yesterday trans union removed it now just awaiting Equifax to complete their review of my documents glad I pulled my report again saw a collection way over the time allowed that needs to be removed and disputed that as well. It's a part time job but slow and steady. I appreciate the feedback it's helpful thanks SJT

Message 21 of 34
jm247

I guess it's a mixed bag, works for some and not others. I'm sorry for your experience. I used them for about 6 months - 2 CO removed, 2 collections, and a total of 21 late payments (across all 3 bureaus) were removed. My scores are in the mid 700s now. I know I could have done it myself, but the time involved in reviewing every last detail on each report, writing each letter, following up, keeping track, etc.. just didn't want to do it. I did, however, call them every week (and multiple emails) to have a status check and make sure that things were on track and also to let them know I was watching closely. Everything they got removed hasn't returned to any credit report, and all of the negative items were fairly recent (within 3 years)

Starting Score: TU 527 EQ 544 EXP 536
Current Score: TU 768 EQ 734 EXP 727

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 34
OneBrokeMan
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I was scammed. They were too good to be true and I payed the price. I was promised a lot and I was a fool to believe them. It was for a minor repair too that I should have taken care of myself. Two late payments on a credit card from 2013 on a USAA credit card. I disputed once and nothing happened. I tried these guys with promise of results and they just charged me money and NEVER answered the phones again. I had to cancel my payment card because I couldn't cancel the subscription. You have to get them on the phone for that. They have all my info and I'm worried now. My report and FICO just got back to decent territory and now I'm worried they will destroy it all. I'm venting and looking for advise. 

Interesting. I have used Lexington Law for over a year. They removed 31 negative items (combined between the three credit bureaus). My FICO score on TU has gone from 520 to 760 and climbing. They removed my Chapter 13 BK about a year after it was discharged from all but one bureau (thus far). I am starting to receive credit card offers again with 0% introductory APR. 

It took a few months before the items started dropping off. I don't know how long you tried their service. They are definitely NOT a scam.

Message 23 of 34
CW83

I am just wondering how Lexington Law Credit Repair removes items that are "true" from your credit report? I have late payments from a time period where I paid alot of money a month for my mother's assisted living care. I was late on those payments to those companies..... Lexington Law can get those late payments removed from my credit? If they dispute the debt or payment I am sure that the companies can validate what was reported, the account and the lack of payment. I'm just trying to see if this is a service worth me getting. 

Current Scores - 637 to 680

Trying to make better decisions but life keeps getting in the way!
Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Is this EXACTLY one of the MAIN reasons I don't do PAID credit repair, anymore....
Ppl are quick to call you a SCAM if they don't get what they WANT, when and how, they THINK things should happen.
Vs things aren't perfect, never will be...we are dealing with laws, we are working against another party that just doesn't roll over because you say boo...if it were THAT simple, everybody would just call/write the CRAs and simply, nicely request the CRAs to pretty please clean up one's profile.

Yeah I'm sure the phone rep promised the world and played the part of yes-man on the phone, to make a client feel good about using the service

However, grown ups have to get REAL
Yes the medical staff is going say everything will be fine but guess what complications happen

The Defense Attorney said 'No Problem' but the jury convicted....
Did you get SCAMMED?

There can be no absolutes...
These are laws and interpretations of how they are applied NOTHING more NOTHING less

Sometimes the lawyer gets you off of the DUI other times not.
If you get off he's great
If not he's a SCAM

I'm not a fan of LL because I think they are a one trick pony but SCAM is a strong word just because they didn't get you 'off'
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understaning is LL disputes any and every thing .  Shot gun method. That is why after some go away they come back in a few months. I never used them.  You can pfd and gw and dispute incorrect items your self with out paying them. 

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

LL allows you to pick which items you want them to dispute and depending on the service level you agree to (the platinum level , I think it's called allows you to do it for all three, whereas the other levels its just one bureau at a time) which bureau they are focused on with something they call the case valet.  It will list all your creditors and then there is a drop down that asks if you would like them to verify the information, leave it be, etc etc.  

The reason I found it useful was because I kept losing all my certified mail receipts or would forget to send it certified (usually by rushing too fast and not being 100% in my documentation) but this way I know that things are being sent.

A few caveats:

1. They will claim to have successfully removed anything that disappears from your report whether or not they are responsible, which I think is a bit dubious.  While I was very careful to monitor what they were doing, I was also gathering documentation for an account that was fraudently opened. When I got all my paperwork in order and submitted it myself to Eq/TU and it was taken off, I got an email from LL very proudly stating that they had removed a major negative account from my report.

2. A lot of the removals are soft removals and LL will go ahead and count each time it is re-added back and removed back as yet another successful removal.  Again, not really that big a deal but keep this in mind when people say that they had 40-50 baddies removed.  Some of them might very well be the same one that was removed, added back, removed and added back ad nauseum.

3. At some point, every customer reaches a plateau with what LL can do for them and you find that they are just contesting the same old accounts over and over in hopes that someone somewhere misses a deadline or something.  In fairness, it's nothing that I haven't seen many collections agencies do as well so it comes down to a battle of the wills.  Do you want to sit there and constantly battle them or outsource it?

4. I find the online chat to be extremely helpful, especially when you don't have to wait in line for 30 minutes to talk to a representative.  A lot of the free reporting sites or even the monitoring sites won't discuss with you "strategy" but due to legal reasons stick to just reporting on the facts, etc.  But sometimes I would have a question about whether or not it would make more sense to go after a $10 debt that was 5 months old or a $500 debt that was 6 years, and in those cases I found the paralegals to be pretty knowledgeable and upfront.

5. LL is not for everyone.  It's been said elsewhere, but it really helps people with a certain profile.  By that, I guess I mean people with a lot of badies that just don't know where to start or feel overwhelmed by the process in general.  In this case they are a good fit, they will help you get organized and set priorities and then, yes, they will shotgun over and over and over, but it did help me feel like there was a light at the end of the tunnnel after not getting anywhere myself and months of trying and no results.

6.  They have a plan that they do not advertise called Lex OnTrack.  You have to call in and ask for it specifically and not give up until they admit that its available, but for $24.95 a month they will work their magic, but only on one bureau at a time (you can switch as often as you like), and a limited number of creditors per month (I think three).  It's a way for people who have gone through the whole process to maintain a good rating, but it can also be used as an entry into the program if you ask nicely.

Hope this helps.

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ima grownup make a lot of money but went through a bad divorce. Subsequently I have 19 bads on my reports. I’ve used LL now for 2 months and they have removed 4 out of the 19. Yes I know I could do this myself but I have better things to do with my free time and the 79 a month is no big deal.  LL is not a scam but it’s not going to be a quick process.  I’m going to give them a year and see what happens. 

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used them and got 6 deletions but it took 4 months. They work but slowly. Now I am trying the 609 process which is similar to what they use.

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had good luck with them and they've removed 21 negatives over roughly 6 months. This was at the high price point plan. 

Edit: I felt I needed to mention my wife has also been with them and not seen nearly as many removals so it's definitely YMMV. I didn't think it was responsible to leave this information out. I also think it's unfair to call them a scam since they never promised any definite results in the first place. 

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.