Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I JUST TRIED LEXINGTON LAW CREDIT REPAIR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I JUST TRIED LEXINGTON LAW CREDIT REPAIR

I was scammed. They were too good to be true and I payed the price. I was promised a lot and I was a fool to believe them. It was for a minor repair too that I should have taken care of myself. Two late payments on a credit card from 2013 on a USAA credit card. I disputed once and nothing happened. I tried these guys with promise of results and they just charged me money and NEVER answered the phones again. I had to cancel my payment card because I couldn't cancel the subscription. You have to get them on the phone for that. They have all my info and I'm worried now. My report and FICO just got back to decent territory and now I'm worried they will destroy it all. I'm venting and looking for advise. 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: I JUST TRIED LEXINGTON LAW CREDIT REPAIR

File a online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. And online complaint with the Division of Consumer Protection through the attorney general's office in the state that they are located.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

NOT TO WORRY I USED THEM AND THEY REMOVED 28 ITEMS.IT DOES NOT HAPPEN OVER NIGHT.

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive heard of people having success with them, but for something as small as two late payments you couldve handled that yourself after some googles

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used them for just over a year and they helped me remove 37 negatives, it doesn't happen fast but they will help, they generally only send a certain number of letters per month, so they can keep you subscribing and paying for their service. It was at a time when I really didn't have the time to do the disputes myself, it was worth it to me because I had the extra money but not the time. Decided to quit using them when it got down to 10 negatives and I figured I could do it faster myself, and it was more managable with fewer negative accounts. They helped me move from mid 500's to high 600's/low 700's.

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was scammed. They were too good to be true and I payed the price. I was promised a lot and I was a fool to believe them. It was for a minor repair too that I should have taken care of myself. Two late payments on a credit card from 2013 on a USAA credit card. I disputed once and nothing happened. I tried these guys with promise of results and they just charged me money and NEVER answered the phones again. I had to cancel my payment card because I couldn't cancel the subscription. You have to get them on the phone for that. They have all my info and I'm worried now. My report and FICO just got back to decent territory and now I'm worried they will destroy it all. I'm venting and looking for advise. 

I used them also for a little less than a year. When I felt like there was no progress being made...I called and there was some action after I called. Then after about 7 months, no matter if I called or not, the action ceased so I felt like they had done all that they can do for me so I cancelled. I don't believe it's a scam but I do believe that they can only do what they can do depending on your credit profile. It was a good way for me to get organized early on in my credit rebuild journey...still on the journey and looking a lot better than 4 years ago....good luck..I think that you will be ok. Ask a lot of questions and do not hesitate to call if you fell like nothing is getting done....just my experience and opinion....:Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 34
sjt
Senior Contributor

Also, File a complaint with the CFPB.

Lexington is a scam. If they were able to remove the neg from your CRA then that means you could have done this on your own.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used them once and within the first month they were able to remove a collection that was less than a year old. To this day it hasn't come back and it's been roughly two years. Although they haven't made much of a difference for me since then, I'm going to pay another month or so and if nothing else gets removed other than what I have gotten fixed myself, I'm going to cancel. The collection removal gave me a good 35 point increase. The rest of my increases came from paying down utilization and continuous calling to companies reporting derogs. By myself I've already gotten 5 accounts with late payments good will adjusted and within this month those will be removed off my report (hopefully.) Ultimately, in most scenarios they can be of help but they work very slowly to keep you as a paying customer for longer, especially if you have multiple negatives on your profile.
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

(b) Payment in advance

No credit repair organization may charge or receive any money or other valuable consideration for the performance of any service which the credit repair organization has agreed to perform for any consumer before such service is fully performed.

CROA

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used them for a little while. They actually made my score drop about 40 points. It was worse when I canceled them, then when I first signed up. And I had one collection removed for it to come back with a vengeance. It was put right back on EQ. But, this time it was also added to my EQ. It wasn't on EQ before.
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.