Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I KNOW I shouldn't have, but I did....

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I KNOW I shouldn't have, but I did....

Yesterday, I sent out my state tax lien withdrawal to the 3 CRAs and I should have been good with that...but my curiosity got the best of me when I remembered the clerk of the court saying they would contact the 3 CRAs on my behalf......so I checked MyFico EX because I have score watch for EQ and free credit karma for TU (10/31). It cost me $19.95 to find out that my score only went up 4 points?!?!? I will admit, one of my CCs was maxed for a few weeks last month and reported at almost 100%, could that be it? Now that my CCs all have $0 balances can I expect a bigger bump?  Someone say yes....please. LOL

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: I KNOW I shouldn't have, but I did....

The amount of score increase resulting from the removal of any adverse item from your CR is highly dependent upon what still remains.

If your only major derog, score increase could be substantial.

However, if other major derogs remain, you will still be in a "dirty" scoring category under payment history until your report is clear of all major derogs.

When that "rebucketing" occurs is usually when a significant boost in payment history scoring is seen.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.