cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'M GETTING THERE BUT WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT???...

tag
miltolam
Valued Member

I'M GETTING THERE BUT WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT???...

Good morning myFICO community, I want to thank everybody in advance for all their help. I'm going to try to keep this succinct...

HERE'S THE SKINNY: My previous/current scores are in my signature. My Chapt 7 was discharged May of 2011, I acquired a CapOne ($500 CL) and Orchard Bank ($320 CL) unsecured CC in Sept 2011. I have been using them responsibly, keeping my Utliziation well under 20% since I obtained them. I got a CLI on both cards over the summer so CapOne is now at $750 and OB is at $420 ($100 CLI, whoppy-do) I just apped for an NFCU nRewards CC last week and got approved for a $2000 CL. Aside from that, the only non-revolveing debt that I have are my student loans which I have been paying faithfully and on time for the last 7 years.

MY GOALS: Objectively, my plan was to be patient and "Garden" until March. Hopefully by then I will be in the 700 range (or very near). Aside from keeping my balance low on my initial 2 cc, I was going to use the NFCU cc every month to buy groceries or something and maybe pay it off every month with a $10 balance or so just to show some kind of activites and also build a trust factor/rapport with NFCU because I plan to take out a car loan with them in March. I have also directed my direct depost into my checking account with NFCU. I was also thinking of apping for a small $1000 loan with them today to help with the rebuolding process and pay that off before March.

So with all this being said, am I on the right track? Would you agree on apping for the loan? If not, what would you advise that I do/don't do? Thanks again everyone for all your help.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'M GETTING THERE BUT WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT???...

Looks to me like you'll be driving a new car in March.  Keep it up!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
miltolam
Valued Member

@Shogun wrote:

Looks to me like you'll be driving a new car in March.  Keep it up!

Thank you sir...much apprecitated!!!

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome keep us posted when you go car shopping.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.