Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'M STUCK IN DEBT-HELP WELL APPRECIATED

tag
theguyfromchips
New Visitor

I'M STUCK IN DEBT-HELP WELL APPRECIATED

HELLO Y'ALL,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT AM GREATFUL TO HAVE STUMBLED ACROSS THIS GREAT SOURCE AND FEEL IT TO BE A GREAT START TO MY TREK BACK TO GOOD FINANCIAL GROUNDS.

SUMMARY- LAST YEAR OF COLLEGE! JUST LANDED A GREAT CAREER JOB (BTW IM A CHEMISTRY MAJOR) AND THINGS ARE ROLLING IN THAT AVENUE! UNFORTUNATELY, MY FINANCES ARE STUCK! I STARTED OFF WITH CREDIT CARD ISSUES BACK IN HIGHSCHOOL YEARS AND REMOVED MYSELF FROM THIS SCENE AND PAID OFF WHAT I OWED. I THEN RETURNED IN COLLEGE AND WAS GRANTED MANY CREDIT CARDS-BOFA, WELLS FARGO, BEST BUY, CAPITAL ONE, DELL....THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I WAS IGNORANT TO WHAT CREDIT WAS OR THE SURROUNDING MATTER. I NEVER REALLY HAD HEARD ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF CREDIT SCORING UNTIL NOW THAT I FEEL THAT ITS TOO LATE, WHEN IM TRYING TO GET MARRIED AND ALL! I have no one to blame but myself and that I do accept for being a misinformed citizen.

well, I paid off my dell card, paid off capital one card, and trying to still pay off my revolving accounts which is BofA/Wells fargo/Best Buy/Capital One (credit rebuilding card) all together I would guess-ti-mate it at $3000. Sounds easier said than done.....O yeah did I mention that I did not realize I also racked up student loans! yes a mess exactly.

Any help, guidance, wisdom, or the above is well appreciated.

GB.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: I'M STUCK IN DEBT-HELP WELL APPRECIATED

Congratulations on finding a job doing something you enjoy!

I would recommend reading these forums thoroughly.  Take notes....and ask questions individually.

Have you been on-time with the student loans?  Are they federal or private? 

What is the exact status on the dell and capital one you paid off?  Are the lates 30 days, 60 days, 90 days?  Paid on time?

What about the other cards status'? 

Welcome to the forum and don't lose hope.  You've got a degree, a job, someone you love....credit can be rebuilt, just takes energy and time.

Message 2 of 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Yay! A fellow science dork!!Smiley Wink

Make a list of all your accounts, detailing which ones are current/late, balances, etc..etc.. and you'll get tons of info.

Message 3 of 5
tlbrown23

I can't provide much advice since I'm a newbie too but one thing I can tell you from experiences is DON'T LET THOSE STUDENT LOANS DEFAULT OR GET TOO LATE. You probably haven't started paying them yet but when you do, stay after it. I made that mistake and it was the hardest to crawl out of. as for the CCs, just buckle down and get them paid off. I temporarily cut my cable TV off, stopped shopping  and started using the envelope system too stay on a TIGHT TIGHT budget for 3 months and got mine paid off. You have to get REAL STRICT with yourself but after you get them paid off but once you do, you will be surprised how much extra money you have when they are not going to CC payments.

Started Credit Journey June 2012 with EQ score of 562 (not fico)
Current Fico Scores 6/25/13: EX 617, EQ 596, TU 653
Current Goal: Middle score of 640
Message 4 of 5
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

It's never too late!!!      

I paid off over $25,000 in debt, got my good create back and got a home. 

Keep working at it!!!

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.