Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED ADVICE ON CR

tag
intookst
New Contributor

I NEED ADVICE ON CR

Hello, I have a couple of questions so I will start with the most important one.. My mother had a few CC's that I was only added as a card user. All was fine til 2 yrs ago when she developed ALZ . So we have been paying steadily on them. Then Feb of 09 my Dad passed and left me her. I had her for 9 months but since then I  had to put her in a home. Early last year I missed Jan's payment til the end of the month and was $2.00 short of the minimum on Feb's, so therefore the interest went from 8.99 to 31.99. Well I am certainly not made of money nor is she, it takes $2500 a month to pay for her care, so I tried contacting them and told them what had happened, well you know, too bad, so sad., So I had no choice but to stop paying that card and her Home Depot card that I was also a user on. They are not joint accts, but they have put the deliquency on my report also. I am not concerned with hers, what does she need credit for. But I am on mine. Is there anything I can do? I disputed both and both were verified, how? I never signed the application. It is too late to take me off as a user.  If you have some advice I would appreciate it.

Now my second question is...If you have something wrong placed on your report and it drops your score by 54 pts, you dispute it, it is removed, but you do not get any of those pts back...why? What took the pts was wrongfully reported so shouldn't it go back like it was before it was placed on there?

And is there anyway to get a bank that is reporting a 30 day late twice in 2004 to remove that? There is no money owed, it is a paid of auto acct. I wrote a goodwill letter and was told sorry it was staying. I am getting ready to give back a leased auto and they have said in order for me to purchase another car I would need that removed or the interest will be 18%....

Sorry I crammed so much in here , and Thanks to anyone that can help me, I am almost at the end of my rope.

Cheril

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: I NEED ADVICE ON CR

re: the credit card

I think that you can have yourself removed as a user and dispute as "not mine". 

How is a 30 day late reporting twice on the same account? 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow. Usually if you dispute an AU account, they'll remove it if you dispute as "not mine". I'd try that again if possible but I would also call them and insist you be removed as an AU. It's not too late...it never it. The account isn't yours.

If a FICO score from myFICO, then if removed, the score should bounce back IF all things are exactly equal (e.g. balances, accounts, dates, statuses, etc.). Compare the report before and after and make sure nothing else has changed. FICO scores are only available from a couple of places. If you are comparing scores from different FAKOs (non-FICO scores), then you'll see different scores when pulled on the same day. Or if you are comparing a classic FICO (like on here) with a lender's score, then that'll likely be different too.

For your new car, check with a different lender. Shop at CUs. If I had a lender say that, I'd walk away. Per your FICO score, a 30 day late from 2004 isn't hurting your FICO score. You could send a GW letter to them asking for the late to be removed, but since it is older, they may opt to delete the entire TL instead. If this is one of your oldest accounts, then I wouldn't send a GW out of fear they'd delete and I could lose points.

ETA...plagued with slow typing syndrome again.

Message 3 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

"slow typing"?  I wrote a tenth of what you did!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
intookst
New Contributor

Ok I guess I worded it wrong, they say I was 30 days late twice in 2004. That whole mess revolves around my check payment, which was proofed thru my bank at $47 instead of $473, therefore they duped me for 30 days late twice ,which was when we sold it. I made the check out for the correct amount,it was there error. Oh wait Bank's don't make errors.....I tried the GW letter last year, and was told, it is what it is and can't be removed. I even bank there(what a fool).

The reason it is effecting a car is that that was a car loan, so they believe I was 30 days late twice that year. The really sad thing is that I have never ,never missed nor been 30 days late on an auto loan, but who cares about that.....

I disputed the AU accts with all 3 CU's and all 3 sent me letters stating it had been verified. I don't know how or why but...So if we call all AU accts and tell them to remove me they will? Even if they are in collections?

If anyone can be screwed by these accts it would be me, that is just the luck I have. I pay my bills every month on time,but yet when you ask to have an APR lowered they say too bad because you are such a great paying customer why would we do that, we are making money off of you....

I think these credit reporting agencies, run by banks, need to reassesed. Why should an entity like this have so much control over me, when they are the reapers of  the benefits from it..When 15 yr old accts can pop up, which they can and there is nothing you can do except dispute it which basically gets you nothing. The accts get removed but they do not redo the report back to where it was, and there was nothing else on there that had changed, in fact I paid 8 accts down or off. I finally dropped to a 538 from a 674, and am still trying to recover. If I would have gotten the loan I was trying for when the 15  yr old accts popped up, everything would be paid off and fine, so did it cause me hardship you darn right it did, and absolutely nothing I can do to change any of it.....So when my scores come up again I assume the same thing will happen to drop them down because they want me there making them money on interest.....CRAZY

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.