Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED ADVICE !!

tag
pkenn
Regular Contributor

I NEED ADVICE !!

I have two collections on my experian report from an electric bill with interest and fees (long story) for the same amount, but diffirent account numbers (two diffirent CA's) and two years apart ( 2008,2010) i dont want to re-age them , but id like to get at least one removed....how do i go about this?  or if i can can i contact the oc about paying the original amount without re-aging it?.... its the last baddie on my report, even losing one would help.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I NEED ADVICE !!

@pkenn wrote:

I have two collections on my experian report from an electric bill with interest and fees (long story) for the same amount, but diffirent account numbers (two diffirent CA's) and two years apart ( 2008,2010) i dont want to re-age them , but id like to get at least one removed....how do i go about this?  or if i can can i contact the oc about paying the original amount without re-aging it?.... its the last baddie on my report, even losing one would help.

There is nothing you or they can do to re-age them. Re-aging is when the DOFD changes thereby causing it to report longer than the 7-7.5 yrs as set forth by the FCRA. That's illegal.

If I had that, I would send both a DV letter. One willl very likely delete (the one from 2008). Maybe the other too if they are no longer collecting on it. If the latter verifies and you agree, then you can send a PFD. Sometimes CAs will sell debts to other CAs (or pass it to the OC who sells it to the latter), and sometimes the older one fails to update. A DV is a nice nudge. Also mention in your DV that they are reporting.

Message 2 of 9
pkenn
Regular Contributor

thanks for the advice!!!     would it be better to contact the oc in hopes of not paying all the fines,interest etc? or do i negotiate with the cra?  the full amount is ridiculous!

Message 3 of 9
pkenn
Regular Contributor

ia it ok to call the oc to find out the dofd with out any problems?

Message 4 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I would send the DV's to the 2 CA's, as Ilecs mentioned.  It sounds like the OC is NOT reporting, so I'd leave them out of the mix.  (they can also report along with the ca's)  Not sure how much the balances are, but if they get their money they are more likely to remove.

You never negotiate with the cra's.  I'm guessing you meant ca's??  If you can afford it...offer it all.  Do everything in writing!  Via US mail.  CMRRR

DV first.  If verified, then offer cash...they all love cash.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 9
pkenn
Regular Contributor

thanks for the advice!! im going to dv the first co for sure.... just found out the elec co charged off the account 4/08 ,  so im guessing i should use that as the dofd? since they say have no access to my records,payments etc except that date.....  my states sol is seven years, so maybe i should sit tight two more years or maybe they will offer a settlement or i could tray a pfd??

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

SOL for suing and reporting are 2 different things.  I have never seen a state with a suing SOL of 7 years.

The DoFD has to be before the charge off.

What state are you in?

Message 7 of 9
pkenn
Regular Contributor

mass

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.