Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I NEED HELP

I am trying to improve my credit. Its so bad I can not even get a secured card. My numbers are as follows 623 591 and 582. I have one charged off installment loan for $225. I have approx $13,000 in hospital bills from when I was a student and fell ill. I have one judgment for $6157 from a broken lease when I lost a job. One cable bill that is listed but paid and was sent in for delete CA just never deleted since 2009 ( which I am currently disputing). I only have one currently revolving acct which is my auto loan which is joint with my mother she is the primary I am the co borrower. It is current. The judgment I recently attempted to settle with National Credit Systems and they say that the company is only willing to accept half. I can't afford that at this time. I am trying to buy a house soon where as I have been back at home for two years and Mom and Dad say  it is time to start looking for a small starter home and I have until June. I paid someone to "fix " my credit almost a yr ago and that is why my scores are where they stand. THey were much worse prior to the "fix". I make a fairly decent salary and have some extra money. I am also a single mother. So if anyone can give me any advice on where to start I would greatly appreciate thanks in Advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I NEED HELP

If you haven't already get all three credit reports from annualcreditreport.com.  You get one from each CRA free every 12 months.

You need to know the DoFD (date of first delinquency) for each debt and your states suing SOL.  Without those two it is hard to give good advice.

Where did you get your scores from?  EX has not sold thier FICO score to the consumer since Feb 2009. 

ETA:  Contact the hospital and see if they can offer you any financial aid for the debt.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thank you for answeringmy post. I am not sure what those acronyms mean but I will google it. I got my scores from credco when it was pulled by a company after a credit reapir service. I got 582 from an apt complex that pulled my score to see if I qualified for an apt that I never moved into.  I will look up those acronyms and get that info . Thanks very much again.

Message 3 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

WELCOME!!!!

If you can get the judgment to settle....and get that removed, that's great.  An unpaid judgment isn't going to get you a mortgage.  Borrow, sell on eBay, get a p/t job, a jewelry loan...whatever you can to get that apt complex judgment settled. 

As for the medicals....I feel your pain there.  Went through $9k with my husband in the past 14 months.  Call the hospital and see if there is a 'sliding scale' .  They were recently able to offer my friend help recently.   She paid $500 on an $8k debt.

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so here goes Thanks fishbjc btw. The company with the judgement offered 50%. I may be able to pay this once I do get a  PT job and save a little more. The DoFD is only 5-11 and my states SOL is ten years so I need to settle and pay I guess go for broke.  Thanks for the sliding scale info about the medical bills. I will certainly try. I was a single mom of four and a fulltime unemployed student at the time. I filled out medicaid paper work and thought it was taken care of until I pulled my credit report.  Again I appreciate the info and will posts my results.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out thanks to you that the SOL in my state is 10 years and the DoFD is 5-11. This is for the judgement which is my major concern. As for the charge off its odd. I originally took out a small loan and after paying for sometime I lost my job and went back to school. I coulf no longer pay and this was in 2008. They have the DoFD as 3-10. My report is showing  the oddest things that I dont understand. I think I am going to do a DV letter and if they respond with evidence I will PFD. It is only $225 but looks really ugly on my report. I just cant understand the timeline. Any advice?  And one last thing, what does it mean when something is listed as UNRATED on my credit report. Thanks again!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.