cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED YOUR HELP!! FLORIDA STATE TAX LIEN???

tag
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP!! FLORIDA STATE TAX LIEN???

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. So it depends on what date the CA picked it up or the date I PAID it?

One of them is from 2006 and the other 2 are from 2007. So at least one should have fell off already if that was the case?

It is seven years from the release date. The release date might not correspond to the paid date. All three of them appear to be relased in November 2007, thus they will fall off of TU in November 2014.
________________________________________________________________________________
Message 31 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I live and have a Corp in Florida and again there are no state taxes 

Florida most certainly does have state taxes! They just don't have state individual *income* taxes. They have state sales taxes and state corporate business taxes.  

I can see you don't live in the state of Florida or own a business here Lol

But since you know all about the state 

I'll help increase your knowledge as to the state of Florida 

We have no personal state income tax 

We don't pay taxes on food 

Services/labor aren't taxed

If you purchase other goods, anything else you pay 6% sales tax... that's how it works 

No filing require for tax season 

So now your telling me what I pay for a corp in the state of Florida (really)  very interesting wow Lol

I pay an annual crop filing with the state ....$125.00 a year ....Lol Sunbiz.org

To operate my biz legally in the state of Florida and another County registration each year ......basically something like $60 a year they call it a revenue tax but it's the same price as the license use to be when they called it a license  ....they just renamed the office from licensing to revenue Lol

Total $185.00  That's it 

Now if you own a business that collects that 6% (up front money ) for non food items be it export, import or consumer.

Selling products and collecting taxes (6%) on said product and then not forwarding that money you charged the consumer but instead pocketing it then yes there's a problem.

I'm a contractor and my corp is 4 years old soon to be 5 years and I have never paid a dime in Florida state Corp business tax as you put it and I employ an accountant full time and I think she knows more about a Corp in the state of Florida than you and me both for that matter Lol.....Just my opinion tho

When tax times comes around its all wrapped in a nice tax package with a pretty blue bow included under my SS# since I own the Corp and I pay the Federal Gov if I have anything left owed to them...which doesn't happen to often either ....had to send them a $3000 check two years ago ....last year even money

Such is life doing biz in Florida 

Florida and Vegas are known for great places to have a Corp with almost little to no taxes on corporate business (tax shelters) 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 32 of 37
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Florida does have a corporate income tax, I file it for several of my clients. Perhaps your corporate income falls below the exemption amount and you don't owe the tax.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 33 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

Florida does have a corporate income tax, I file it for several of my clients. Perhaps your corporate income falls below the exemption amount and you don't owe the tax.

Could be my deductions and charitable contributions each year keeps me from having to pay it also ...Correct 

I'm not a multi millon dollar company as of yet but I do pretty good for a 5 year old company Lol

To the extent I'm thinking of cashing out and selling and starting a new Corp doing the same thing 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm guys, I just checked my printed credit reports and they aren't showing up... they're supposed to be in the negative accounts or is there a separate place for public records? I thought I printed the entire report for each CA but I dont see it on there currently however I believe its still affecting my score. Possibly it came off this month? How could I figure out if and when it was removed? If it were this month would my score go up next month a bit?

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

I just checked my hard copy CR... it seems the liens still exist on my Tansunion report. Could/should i call them in to dispute this? i don't want to go about this the wrong way only for it to affect my score even more and cause more damage so i am seeking advice from the gurus here.... please guide me in the right path oh credit gurus,

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind guys... I called and they updated it over the phone. He initially told me its set to come off in a few days but I requested that he remove it now for me and he did... Hopefully this helps someone in the future in a similar situation.

Thanks!

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.