cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED to raise my credit score ASAP (by next March)...what do I do first?! Here's what I have.

tag
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

Re: I NEED to raise my credit score ASAP (by next March)...what do I do first?! Here's what I have.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much!  I am in such a time crunch that I didn't even think of a DV  lettter.  Do you by chance have an example of one?  How were you able to raise your crediit score to 628 from 505 in 2 months?!?!

There were multiple reasons why my score raised from 505 to 628.  The first being i was a victim of ID theft and the bad debts that were a result of that ended in deletions.  Then, as I combed through my credit reports what stuck out were inaccuracies in how the debts were reflected on my credit (so I disputed and they were deleted).  if a debt came back as verified a DV was sent to the CA and either it was deleted or I successfully negotiated a PFD and had it deleted that way.

Much luck on your questSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I NEED to raise my credit score ASAP (by next March)...what do I do first?! Here's what I have.

Wow!  Thank you everyone for your advice.  I'm working on my letters right now and I hope to have them in the mail by Saturday since Friday is a holiday!  I am excited to finally get this monkey off of my back!

Message 12 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

A DV letter should be short and sweet. Say something like this:

"You say I owe this debt. Please validate". This is all you need. Send it CMRRR.

In addition all a CA has to provide for validation is the name of the original creditor and how much you owe. They are not required by law (meaning the FDCPA) to send any supporting documents.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 16
RashShakur
New Contributor

Re: I NEED to raise my credit score ASAP (by next March).That do I do first?! Here's what I have.

That is one of the best DV letters .

Message 14 of 16
michjd75
Valued Member

Cecerose,

Did you have any luck with sending DV's or PFD's with Enhanced Recovery?  Thanks is advance.  Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 15 of 16
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I recall reading posts about PFD success with most of the companies OP listed. I'd say, be sure about readiness to pay if/when they accept, though. I don't know if it's possible, but companies holding multiple accounts may settle for lump sums to delete.

"Get everything in writing and signed" goes without saying, LOL!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.