Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Need Help!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Need Help!!!!

Hello everyone.....I decided to take the steps and work on straightening out years of bad credit. I know this is going to be a process and I am feeling overwhelemd. I dont really know what to do. I pulled all three credit reports and my FICO score ranges from 468-541. I have 35 accounts in collections. I did pay off a car and almost finished paying off another with the same company (they only report to two of the bureaus). Where do i begin? I cant even get approved for a secured CC. Any advice would be helpful TIA!!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Need Help!!!!

I'm still fairly new at all of this too, but with 35 collections that would be where to start.   If they are not yours, dispute them with the CRA's if they are yours send letters asking if you pay in full (pif) will they remove the collection from your credit report.    Somw will somewont, but at least you'll know.  you still need to pay them, and then you can do a goodwill letter campaign to remove them.

If your okay with it, can you share your Collections/Data points with us and i'm sure myself or any of the other knowledgable members would be more than willing to help you.

It seems overwhelming now, but it can be done and this is a great place with great ppl to help you succeed.  they have been a god send to me so far

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply where do i find those points to share. I am signed up with Credit Karma also Credit Check Total but only for a few more days. Also what does CRA mean.

Message 3 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for reply where do i find those points to share. I am signed up with Credit Karma also Credit Check Total but only for a few more days. Also what does CRA mean.

Credit Reporting Agency..  ie. TU EQ Ex

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

This might help with the abbreviations.

July 2013 score:

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the abbreviation....where do i find this info Collections/Data points  so i can share and get some advice.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the abbreviation....where do i find this info Collections/Data points  so i can share and get some advice.

Those will be found on the credit reports you pulled.  it should have name of collector, original creditor, amount owed and DOFD (date of first deliquency)

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

This might help with the abbreviations.

Thank you, i'm still not sure of all the abbreviations myself Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see below peoples comments they have there scores and goals how do I do that lol.

Message 9 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I see below peoples comments they have there scores and goals how do I do that lol.

This might help you get started.

July 2013 score:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.