Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Need Some Real Advice- Judgment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Need Some Real Advice- Judgment

A judgment was entered against me in 2006 for the balance of a repossessed vehicle sold at an auction. However, it does not show on court records online (weird), and it never showed up on any of my credit report (weirder). I would like to purchase a home in the future, but I am nervous that if I "stir the pot" by inquiring about it's validity with the Courts or move to have it vacated, they may report it. What should I do? Leave it alone or try to fix it? Help!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: I Need Some Real Advice- Judgment

If it becomes an issue after you do whatever, then you'll have to deal with it anyways. I wouldn't "look around for it" if I were you. Just my opinion though.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A judgment was entered against me in 2006 for the balance of a repossessed vehicle sold at an auction. However, it does not show on court records online (weird), and it never showed up on any of my credit report (weirder). I would like to purchase a home in the future, but I am nervous that if I "stir the pot" by inquiring about it's validity with the Courts or move to have it vacated, they may report it. What should I do? Leave it alone or try to fix it? Help!

If it's a civil case, you should be able to go to the clerks office and see if there is a copy of it on file. It's public information. If it is on file, you'll have to pay it at closing, regardless. If the attorney for the plaintiff never filed the judgement, then consider yourself lucky and forget about it. The clerk won't be calling the plaintiff to tip them off that you were there searching for it. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I will see if I can obtain a copy of my public record to see if it's on there.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.