cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I STIRRED THE PUDDING!! w/ GOOD RESULTS...I HOPE!

tag
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I STIRRED THE PUDDING!! w/ GOOD RESULTS...I HOPE!

Quick bio:  Started my credit repair journey 11/12 with a score of 584. and ZERO avaialble credit.  Nowere we are 18-19 months later and I'm over 700 with over $33,500 worth of avaiable credit (and only $4500 outstanding, which is a business CC I pay off every month).  I paid off all my baddies.  GWed a few creditors. One I got creative and reported them to the BBB and they quickly relented.  Heck, I even got CapOne to remove a 30 day late and they don't do that for no one!!  A couple baddies aged off.  The main killer for me was an HFC acct. which was a deal with the devil.  Interest was sooo high that even making larger than minimum payments didnt matter.  It is supposed to fall off sometime in 2016. I was pretty relegated to waiting after a couple GWs fell thru.  Then I saw a post on here where someone asked the CRA to delete a timeline early.

Im 55 years old. I have everything I need.  Additional credit is not readily needed so I'm playing with this as a game. 

The DOFD of the actual first late was 6/2007.  That was just for 1 month. I made 4 payments straight then missed another one.  Made 2 then missed 2, made 5, missed 4 and made 1 and Equifax is showing a new DOFD of 2/2009.  How can that be?? 

credit dispute.jpg

So I sent in a dispute to Equifax.  This was last Sunday (I was bored).  Tuesday I get a FICO alert that my score fell 16 points because of this.  First thought.....I screwed up big time.  So today I check my credit file/score at www.eliminateidtheft.com and I get my updated report and I see this about HFC:

Late Payments (last 7 years):

TransUnionExperianEquifax
                    30   5  0
                    30   4  0
                    30   7  0

TU, for some reason has a seperated file and they list 16 lates like EX as did EQ just last week.  But EQ shows Zilch!  Nada!!  It may be because of the dispute but hopefully not.  My G'pa always said to never "be afraid to ask.  The worse they can do is say no."  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I'll update this when I get the final word.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I STIRRED THE PUDDING!! w/ GOOD RESULTS...I HOPE!

The DoFD for reporting purpose time limits on a CO is the one that leads to the CO it is 2/.09 in your case.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.