cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I WON! Midland "made a Business Decision" to remove account...

tag
cody205
Established Member

I WON! Midland "made a Business Decision" to remove account...

I had a Tmobile account opened by someone in November of 2007. In November of 2007, I happened to be 17 years of age. See my point?

I have been trying to get this removed for years now, but I never knew what I was doing until now(Thanks to you guys here!) At first, they told me that since the account was paid on at least once, it "validated the account". I told them they were full of it, and requested to speak to a supervisor while I put my boots on because it was getting deep. When the supervisor got on the phone, I advised them that I would be suing them for illegally attempting to collect a debt. I advised them that if I have to go that route, I will be suing for damages to my creditworthiness all the way back to 2007. The lady then told me i
n keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit made the business decision to close the account. There will be no further collection activity, credit reporting or sale of this account. Please note, Midland Credit has no control over the credit reporting of the original creditor. However, with respect to Midland Funding's tradeline, the three credit-reporting agencies will be notified to delete all reference to the account in question from your consumer credit files. Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information.

Starting Score: EX 452 10/2014
Current Score: EQ 559 TU 551 EX 558 04/15/2015
GOAL Score: 625 by AUG 2015
. . . $600 . . . . . . . $300 . . . . . . . $500 . . .
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I WON! Midland "made a Business Decision" to remove account...

Dontg forget about the ID Theft statues afforded yourself in the FCRA, thats the way to get bogus accounts removed in the future should any arise. This is the second win with Midland for you, grats to that many never get their first. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I echo the comments made by gdale regarding the use of the identity theft blocking provisions of FCRA 605B whenever information is asserted as resulting from identity theft.

That process does not rely upon or requiire any involvemtn of any party who has reported the information,and thus could have been quickly and simply achieved without any consent or deletion by Midland.

Howver, implied in your post is that you may have somehow been a party to use of your identity to open the account as a minor??

I am not sure of your point regarding opening by someone else..... are you saying that it was identity use, not theft on the someone's part??

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.