Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a believer

tag
gagum129
Regular Contributor

I am a believer

I was having my doubts on goodwilling but I just had my first success which scored me an increase of 30 points today. I just about did a standing back flip!! My success was with First Savings Credit Card. It was a charge off which I recently paid off. The agent on the phone was not willing to budge on any sort of goodwill. So, I starting the goodwill letter writing the next day. I sent out two on the same day to two different address. They were addressed to some of the higher ups names I found while searching the net. I am not sure which one worked but I got a scorewatch alert today with the 30 point increase. I pulled my report today from MYFICO and the account was totally deleted. I am so thrilled and thankful to everyone on here. I have been doing a lot of reading on this board. I modeled my letter from some that I have seen on here but substituted in my own factors that caused my problems. I felt it was best to be honest. You do not want your letters just to be the same old form letter. Explain your reasons and you never know. Sorry to be long winded but I am very happy and wanted to share my story. I went from a 590 to 620.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am a believer

Congrats!

Message 2 of 5
CCOCD
Valued Member

That's Awesome!!!

Starting Score: 672
Current Score: EQ ? TU 698
Goal Score: 725

Message 3 of 5
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

This is awesome and I can totally relate!

I started my credit repair journey in early 2010. The GW approach seemed like such a long-shot but I sucked it up and did it anyway. It took a few months and a few rounds of letters, but I was SO excited and it was SO worth it when I received my first "yes". Since then, I've gotten 3-4 lates removed with GW letters, though it's taken about a year of work (every few weeks I send a few out).

I just got my most recent GW deletion a few weeks ago and the lady called me and actually said "I know it's not easy to share personal details of your life, but we appreciate you being candid and are happy to remove it"... being honest and telling your story deifnitely helps!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 4 of 5
gagum129
Regular Contributor

I just received my letter in the mail from First Savings Credit Card that verified the deletion of the account from the credit bureaus. I am thinking about framing this! lol. The later stated they understood my hardship during the birth of my daughter. That was the gist of my letter. We had no medical insurance at the time and the bills were piling up. I also had 5 medical collections on my credit report. I contacted AR Resources yesterday which held two of the accounts. They agreed to a pay for delete. I had them fax me a letter prior to paying them. If I get the other three to do the same I should be in good shape to purchase a home in the coming months.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.