Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am baffled by this!!! score plummets

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am baffled by this!!! score plummets

I found a collection account on my credit that came from an overdue library book of all things that had been taken out by my child, awhile back. Rather than argue, as it was not alot of money I paid it, and the collection agency agreed to remove it.. Which they did.. As soon as it came off my report, my score dropped from 682 down to 618!!! **bleep**!!!

I am so confused.. NOTHING else changed, other than the collection is gone. Why would that drop my score like that?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am baffled by this!!! score plummets

Where'd you get your score from? If it is from Credit Karma it is a FAKO and my experience with them is their score wildly fluctuates if I so much as open my wallet

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion's website.. it was 682 and the collection came off and boom 618!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the collection was the oldest thing on your accout, and you have a somewhat thin file, and your AAoA dropped a ton with it gone, then maybe it could be possible. 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had that happen too with seemingly positive transactions. Hopefully someone will chime in as to why. Mine recovered within a month or two but I never understood it either.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Transunion's website.. it was 682 and the collection came off and boom 618!

TU's score is also a worthless FAKO score....

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If the collection was the oldest thing on your accout, and you have a somewhat thin file, and your AAoA dropped a ton with it gone, then maybe it could be possible. 

Collection accounts are not part of AAoA.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

is that Fico? only Fico can be trusted

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

is that Fico? only Fico can be trusted

FICO rules the seven kingdoms. Any one else is an imposter trying to take the iron throne.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this with Unique National, or a different CA?  I ask because I have a fine I need to pay, but honestly I have it towards the bottom of my priority list as it is small, and I didn't think Unique would delete.  If they do, then forget sushi tonight, we're going to the library!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.