cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am confused! MCM and Tribute updated CR today.

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

I am confused! MCM and Tribute updated CR today.

Ok....I need some help.  I initiated a dispute with MCM last week and today it has been updated on my EQ CR.

This is what it shows on my CR as of today:  It shows I have been making payments since Sept. 09 and then it was charged off 10/2010 and the balance has changed.  WTH!!  Is that right?  I havent made one payment or contacted them.  How can this be?

Score Watch also alerted me my Fico increased today to 605......

(11/30/2010)

MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT

8875 Aero Dr Ste 200
San Diego, CA-921232255

Account Number:XXXXXXXXXX Current Status:COLLECTION ACCOUNT 
Account Owner:Individual Account. High Credit:$895  
Type of Account :OpenCredit Limit: 
Term Duration: Terms Frequency: 
Date Opened:09/2009  Balance:$997  
Date Reported:11/2010 Amount Past Due:$997 
Date of Last Payment: Actual Payment Amount: 
Scheduled Payment Amount: Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:11/2009 Months Reviewed:11 
Creditor Classification: Activity Description:N/A 
Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Factoring Company Account (debt buyer) 
Date of First Delinquency:06/2008 
Comments:Consumer disputes this account information, 
Collection account  
81-Month Payment History
YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
2010*********CA  
2009        ****

This is how it was reported yesterday (11/29/2010) and prior to dispute:

MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEMENT

8875 Aero Dr Ste 200
San Diego, CA-921232255

Account Number:XXXXXXXXXX Current Status:COLLECTION ACCOUNT 
Account Owner:Individual Account. High Credit:$895  
Type of Account :OpenCredit Limit: 
Term Duration: Terms Frequency: 
Date Opened:09/2009  Balance:$985  
Date Reported:10/2010 Amount Past Due:$985 
Date of Last Payment: Actual Payment Amount: 
Scheduled Payment Amount: Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:11/2009 Months Reviewed:11 
Creditor Classification: Activity Description:N/A 
Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Factoring Company Account (debt buyer) 
Date of First Delinquency:06/2008 
Comments:Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress, 
Collection account  

81-Month Payment History

No 81-Month Payment Data available for display.

This is what Tribute is reporting on my CR (11/30/2010):

TRIBUTE/FBOFD

PO Box 105555
Atlanta, GA-303485555

Account Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Current Status:CHARGE-OFF 
Account Owner:Individual Account. High Credit: 
Type of Account Revolving loans have an amount owed which varies from month to month, like a credit card.:RevolvingCredit Limit:$300  
Term Duration: Terms Frequency:Monthly (due every month) 
Date Opened:08/2007  Balance:$894  
Date Reported:01/2009 Amount Past Due:$894 
Date of Last Payment:05/2008 Actual Payment Amount: 
Scheduled Payment Amount:$14  Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:01/2009 Months Reviewed:17 
Creditor Classification: Activity Description:Closed 
Charge Off Amount:$894  Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Credit Card 
Date of First Delinquency:05/2008 
Comments:Charged off account, 
Account closed by credit grantor  

81-Month Payment History

YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
20083060****306090120150180
2007       *****

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: I am confused! MCM and Tribute updated CR today.

DB28: Looking at the latest update, I don't see any payment history after 05/08 as it is listed.  That is also listed as the DOFD, the Date of First Delinquency, followed by 30,60,90,120, and 150 day lates through 12/08, then the Major Delinquency date of 01/09 for the Charge Off. That is also referred to a Major Derogatory on your credit reports.  The DOFD is always the most critical date in a Charge Off tradeline, as that is the date used to calculate when it falls off your credit reports, usually 7.5 years from the DOFD. The subsequent dates are really of no concern. What you need to do is try to get a Pay for Delete from the creditor.  Make sure you get everything in writing, don't talk to anyone on the phone, and don't make any partial payments, as this could re-open the tradeline and start the process all over again from now.

If you do not get a PFD, then count on the CO reporting for  7-7.5 years from your DOFD of 01/09 . If you choose not to pay, then you can still be sued for the balance up until the statute of limitations in your state. Hope this helps. Been down this road. Paid my CO to the collection agent, and still have it on my reports. Score wise it won't matter if you pay it or not. Major Derog.  Some lenders may  frown upon unpaid charge-offs, and you probably cannot get any mortgage with an unpaid charge-off on your reports. That is my 02 cents, but others on here are far more knowledgeable than I. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

I'm working with a member on here with a letter to PFD and plan on paying asap.  My date shows 1/2009 for the dofd but in the pay history my dofd looks like it should be 7/2008 and it was reported until 1/2009? 

Message 3 of 6
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@DB28 wrote:

I'm working with a member on here with a letter to PFD and plan on paying asap.  My date shows 1/2009 for the dofd but in the pay history my dofd looks like it should be 7/2008 and it was reported until 1/2009? 

The date of first delinquency says 5/08 with the OC and 6/08 with the CA. At least that's what I'm seeing. 

I also wouldn't worry about when they reported it as I don't think it affects the current status at all as it's not changing the DOFD.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

The pay history, in my experience, is notoriously inaccurate(those little blocks). The printed/stated DOFD is your main concern, and the earlier the date, the more beneficial to you in the long run if you do not get a PFD. 01/09 is the charge off date, and does not have anything to do with DOFD. The individual month payments/lates don't either. Only the DOFD counts as far as your timeline to get it off your reports. As the previous poster stated, you have two different DOFD's from the OC and the CA , a month apart. No big deal, as the OC is the earlier date I believe, and that is what will be used to determine your 7.5 year waiting period. Keep your records if you have them, they could benefit you later. Good luck with the PFD, that is your best bet for sure. Don't forget to get and keep everything in writing, as you can use it later if something goes sour.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are messing with you.  The dispute has prompt them to now hurt your score by updating the data.  even if it wrong information.  Your report now has what (falsely so)  appears to be new CA and they will keep doing it until you settle/pay up. 

Stop disputing and try to negotiate with the Collector.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.