cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am determined!!!! More like obsessed now...

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I am determined!!!! More like obsessed now...

I wish I had started a rebuild journey when I first joined, I had no idea credit rebuilding could be so addictive! 

Although I have only been a member for a little over two months now, I have made SO much progress thanks to the advice and support of this forum!!! 

I have the following baddies left on my report (so happy the judgments and liens are gone!!!): 

2 Charge Offs (fall off 2019) Didn't realize C/O report for 10 years Smiley Sad

HSBC $0

Capital One $0

5-6 Collection Accounts 

2 Portfolio Recovery $0 (HSBC and Cap1 C/O) 

2 FCO $0 (Fall off 2017 and 2018)

1 Midland  $221 (Fall off 2016) *On EX and TU only

1 Nationwide $0 (Fall of 2019) *On EX only

Late Payments

Suntrust Auto 90 day late 2009 (closed/paid)

Victorias Secret 30 day late 2011 (open/current)

Target 90 day late 2010 (closed/paid)

So, since I met my CS goal of 640, I decided to keep sending my GW removal letters for all of the accounts listed above....I will up frequency too one per week. I am going to focus on finding better contacts....My priority is getting the C/O removed, then work the most recent baddies first. I just had to get a plan together. I welcome any advice or input. PM if you have contacts for PRA, FCO, or Midland...I am so lucky to have these awesome CA on my report. They are the worst of the worst. 

By the way, my BBB complaint (Midland) kind of worked. I am down to one account and it is only listed on EX and TU.  Take that Midland!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Re: I am determined!!!! More like obsessed now...

I love your determination & I am encouraged by that last line on Midland. I have forwarded them very strong evidence of improper DoFD. Sounds like I could have some luck where the case is strong. I'm gonna be as determined as you for my good will efforts! Doesn't it feel good to be proactive? :-)

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 2 of 12
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Char offs are 7 and a half years judgements are 10 years.  And Bk Dispute inaccurate info Dofd certainly wrong

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 12
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

For my part, I definitely disputed the improper DoFD, with strong documentation. I will move on to CFPB if Midland doesn't do the right thing.

Message 4 of 12
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thanks all!!  

Really?!!??! So my C/O would come off at the same time as the associated CA account. ok, so if I can't get a GW removal, they will be gone within 2 years anyway. I will keep trying up until they fall off.  Smiley Happy 

I was so excited to have Midland off of my report (EQ), I figured they be off of EX and TU within a couple of days.   I already filed a CFPB against them a few weeks after BBB complaint; I will give it some time. Sad thing is, I know I already paid the verizon wireless bill they are trying to collect....they are sooooo shady!!!

Message 5 of 12
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I read your last post and being it was late I need to clarify my post.  When a company charges off a debt and it goes to co status that is 180 days after Dofd then 7 years from that it can no longer be reported on the credit report.   Most lawyers or companies that obtain a judgement revile just before the 10 year mark as that is how long it is valid if they do not renew judgement it becomes uncollectable.  After such time you can petition court to dismiss for statue of limitations re the judgement not credit report. However it should be said that if they renew judgement although it cannot be reinserted onto credit report it is collectible and if you were to purchase a home it would need to be satisfied b4 closing as it would turn up in the process when they look the bank for any liens and or judgements against buyer to insure they get paid. Sorry for being so vague

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 6 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

Thanks all!!  

Really?!!??! So my C/O would come off at the same time as the associated CA account. ok, so if I can't get a GW removal, they will be gone within 2 years anyway. I will keep trying up until they fall off.  Smiley Happy 

I was so excited to have Midland off of my report (EQ), I figured they be off of EX and TU within a couple of days.   I already filed a CFPB against them a few weeks after BBB complaint; I will give it some time. Sad thing is, I know I already paid the verizon wireless bill they are trying to collect....they are sooooo shady!!!

Your OC CO and the associated CA should be removed at the same time.  Though both can be reported for up to 7.5 years, they seldom are.  OC COs are normally removed at the 7 year mark and collections vary between 7 and 7.5 years depending on the CRA and information reported to them.

Message 7 of 12
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@lavencedora wrote:

For my part, I definitely disputed the improper DoFD, with strong documentation. I will move on to CFPB if Midland doesn't do the right thing.

they deleted AFTER my CFPB complaint. I wish you luck!!! 

Message 8 of 12
jbrown773
Contributor

good job, keep up the good work

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Message 9 of 12
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Hi newmomnewme, I was prepared to have to do a CFPB report before they would delete, but they actually deleted on the basis of my direct dispute. Woo hoo! I know you saw my thread this morning regarding this. I will keep plugging away at this. One big victory is very motivating!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.