Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in desperate need for personal/Medical loane

tag
bint-bilady
Regular Contributor

I am in desperate need for personal/Medical loane

I am in desperate for personal/Medical loan and I need it ASAP. I haven't tried anywhere as of now because my credit union turned me down last month, but since then my credit gone up more than 70 points. I didn't try anywhere after that because I didn't want to hurt my FICO score and make it worst

my FICO scores are: TU 595 EQ 597 EX 601 with few 30/60 days late that is more than 6 month of age and one medical collection listed under Equifax. I am going for an important surgery next month and I need to find me a lender regardless of APR and fees.

Please help me if you guys have any ideas or suggestions. Your input is always appreciated

P.S I am not sure if I am posting in the correct section. If not then please move it to the right place

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I am in desperate need for personal/Medical loane

We all have been put against the financial wall at one point in time. Not fun. Highly stressful. But it seems like it works out in the end.

Couple ideas:

Credit ideas-
1) Focus on GWs. Depending on their age, you'd be surprised how quick repair would increase your scores. I'd start sending multiple GWs to the same creditors and vary the addresses. In fact, I'd probably send 2 per address and one per contact name. You could easily hit 10-15 GWs per account. All it takes is one to say yes. I'd also call every one until they said yes. Any goodwill by them could lead to a positive change on your CR within days of communicating with them. That might get your score high enough.
2) If the CA is paid, then I'd GW them daily if I had to. If unpaid, and only on EQ, I'd probably leave as is and use any money towards your surgery.
3) I'd try a medical lending account (CareCredit?), or something like that. I hear they tend to approve with lower scores.
4) I'd focus repair on any other baddie on your CR and bug the snot out of them until they accept.

Income and savings ideas-
5) If possible, take a temp. part-time job somewhere and save up. May not do much, but every little bit helps.
6) Use any savings for the surgery including and CDs, savings, 401(k) (health is more important than wealth), IRA, etc.
7) Look around in your house, I'd bet there are tons of useless, unwanted junk that could be used or wanted by others via Craigslist, Ebay, etc.. IMO, my health is more important than living room furniture.
8) Look at your expenses. Are there any expenses you have in the next 30 days you don't need? Ex. includes cable, internet, newspaper, etc. etc. etc. If you don't need it, and you are not contractually oblidged to pay for it, then I would cancel and use that extra money towards the surgery.
9) Look at any expense you paid a deposit into. Again, if not encumbered to a contract, and your expense involved a deposit (like cable, phone, etc.), then look at cancelling it to get your money back. Also, if you paid deposits towards utilities, try negotiating to get the deposit back.
10) Look at trading. Maybe you can offer a good or service to someone where, in exchange, you can get something back that would save you money or extra income.

Medical ideas -

11) Look into some sort of temporary insurance or medical savings program that could save you money.
12) Negotiate with the doctor to provide the procedure at either a reduced cost or negotiate to have the procedure done and you would repay the debt in installments.
13) Look into your state or local government. Many localities offer benefit or program that could reduce the cost or even eliminate it. I have a family member who is homeless but she also has lung issues and needs a transplant. The transplant probably won't get paid for (was a smoker) but her treatments are covered via government assistance. You'd be surprise what they pay for. And don't feel bad either; you paid those taxes (directly or indirectly) anyway.
14) Try trading a good or service with the doctor. I own a biz and get many items at a wholesale cost. I broker deals all the time exchanging products and services for those who I get products and services from. For example, I paid the person babysitting our kids not with cash, but with energy drinks.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. When your back is against the wall, you'll find a way.
Message 2 of 3
bint-bilady
Regular Contributor

Re: I am in desperate need for personal/Medical loane

Thank you so much for the great advice
I have tried most of what you suggested but I am still half way short of the total cost. the only way that I have is to get a loan which is not an easy task as of my credit situation now

thank you so much llecs

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.