Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am just discouraged and frustrated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just discouraged and frustrated

I just got an alert for transunion on myfico and was went down 31 points for bankcard balance reported, which is less than it was last month. I really don't know if I can keep up with this. My husband and I have been working very hard to get our scores up to qualify for mortgage. I got my transusion to 710 now took a nose drive 31pts today for paying down my balance. Can someone please help. I really look to the people on this site alot for help because this is the only place I came to that was able to help me and give great information. 

I am soooooo depress right now. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am just discouraged and frustrated

Most likely there was another change between last month and this month that did not trigger an alert/recalculation of your score. Did you have disputes pending that were verified? The score change that large was almost certainly not simply from balance changing.

Without seeing your entire picture its impossible to say what the cause was.

Message 2 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Most likely there was another change between last month and this month that did not trigger an alert/recalculation of your score. Did you have disputes pending that were verified? The score change that large was almost certainly not simply from balance changing.

Without seeing your entire picture its impossible to say what the cause was.

I concur.  If your report is clean, then it could be due to utilization or closing an account, but otherwise if the report is not clean, then it is most likely due to something else.  I would review carefully before getting discouraged.  Best of luck.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have some lates on my Transunion report for student loans from 2011. I have disputed those and I checked the disputes and there are still pending other than that I do not have any judgements or collections on the report. That was the first thing I looked for when I got the alert. We are really getting down the wire to get approved for a home loan and into a home. 

Message 4 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

I t appears that you have done all you can.  At this point its just a waiting game for things to age (negatives).  But again, don't get discouraged, you have made great progress.Smiley Happy

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Stats:

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been working really hard to get my scores up to qualify for a mortgage because we have to move from our rent at the end of June. Our option is purchase, we have to stay in the town we're in due to my husbands work. I really don't know what to do Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

When items are in a dispute status certain aspects of the TL are removed from Fico scoring so this could be a big reason as to why the big drop.

Message 7 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been working really hard to get my scores up to qualify for a mortgage because we have to move from our rent at the end of June. Our option is purchase, we have to stay in the town we're in due to my husbands work. I really don't know what to do Smiley Sad

You could always do a month to month rental...until things pan out credit-wise

Current Cards:
Loans:
Stats:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so it's possible after the disputes I can get the points back?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought of that but no one seem to want to do the month to month, at least in the area I live. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.