Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to the site and need help.

tag
missportia
Visitor

I am new to the site and need help.

I have joined this sites in the hopes of repairing my credit the right way! I haven't gotten my scores yet as my computer is down but that is the plan tomorrow. I do believe I am somewhere in the 500's. I was not told anything about credit as a yound adult and as a result got a lot of cards in college, ran them up and couldn't pay for them. I am now 32 years old and really want to purchase a home. Lot's of stuff on my credit is old and these companies refuse to remove it! I also have paid LOTS of money to companies who claimed that they could fix it and never did. I really think I have a shot at doing this myself with the help of some of you guru's. I read some very interesting and uplifting stories before I decided to sign up. I hope that some of you guys will read this and send me suggestions as to where to start. I would REALLY appreciate it. I want to me secure in my financial future and also help my teenage daughter when she is old enough to establish credit. Any way, thanks for reading I'm open to all suggestions! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: I am new to the site and need help.

Welcome to the forums!  Smiley Happy

You will find lots of great advice here.

Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to the forums!

We all make mistakes, some more than others.  But enough about me.   We will be glad to help.  Grap a couple of those and put them on here.  Let's see where to begin.  Oh, and don't pay anyone to do this, you don't need them.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
madmann26
Valued Contributor

As Shogun as stated, self-help is the best help. You'll find thread after thread of people who have come here for help, received said help and are now reaping the benefits of excellent credit.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 6
missportia
Visitor

Shogun, I am astounding by your changes in score. Ok so I can get on my reports manana. Where do I even start after that?!?!

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

After you get your reports, go over them account by account.  Look for the obvious, like accounts that are not yours, something is showing unpaid but it should be showing paid etc.

If you haven't already read the stickies in my signature to help you get a little understanding on things.

You can post TLs if you have any questions, just omit personal information.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.