Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am officially done trying to GW Target...HORRIBLE COMPANY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am officially done trying to GW Target...HORRIBLE COMPANY

@aquatic1 wrote:

I sent another GW request to Target via PFD. This is what I get for asking for assistance.....The first gw resulted in 12 120 day marks added onto my EQ report and NOW this gw letter resulted in them changing the 120 day marks to 16 180 day marks. All of this because I asked to have the charge-off status removed for a $345 paid charge-off. At least the CA never reported. I cannot get a break with my EQ scores. It gos up...then goes straight back down even further.

Sometimes we must think long and hard before we decided to GW some companies. I will just have to wait for the 5 year mark for removal based on NYS.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  JC Penney sold my account to a CA almost a year ago.  I am waiting to get a DV response from LVNV.  But for some reason JCPenney decided to update my TL with them and add under current status that I am 120+ days late.  It guess when it rains it pours.  I didn't even think this was somehting they could do! 

Message Edited by aquatic1 on 06-18-2009 07:13 PM
Message Edited by aquatic1 on 06-18-2009 07:16 PM

If you really want to get them back since the debt of $345 is paid and your trying to GW them to remove the item. Go to your local county courthouse and file a small claims against them asking that the judge order them to remove the account because you don't remember applying for or having a card with them.

Target will have a choice either spend thousands to defend their position in small claims court or delete the item. These are hardball tactics i have used in the past and yes they work.

King

Message 11 of 14
aquatic1
Established Contributor

That would be a last resort for me.  But I will surely keep that in mind.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once an account is closed, the OC can no longer report monthly, increasing, account delinquencies on the OC account.  It is dead.

They can either do a CO or send it to collection, neither of which permit reporting of monthly delinquenquencies.

Message 13 of 14
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

There are two other fields that the bureau(s) can report if the information is supllied. One is the charge off date and charge off amount. In order the lender for report any change like the one you asked for the account is re-reported. The date reported is when the change is being reported as of. 
FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.