Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Member
0 Kudos

I am proud of my progress but what do I do now?

Starting in March I decieded to tackle my bad Credit. Experian 534, Equifax 529, and Transunion 541. I have paid 3 collection accounts off which two were PFD, Disputed two collection accounts and got those deleted and  I raised my UTI getting a credit increase on my capital one card to 3000, and opened a Conn's credit account. I am currentely sitting at an average 644 credit score.  I currently have 2 inquiries on my credit and I have 12 late student loan payments from 2years ago or older. All I have is 1 collection account which I am working on negotating for PFD from Credit systems international.  I paid off my car in January and it dropped my score 53 points. What should I do now? My ultimate end game is to get a house in the next year. My debt to income ration sits about 3%. What should be my next move for a credit increase?

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I am proud of my progress but what do I do now?

asgor wrote:

Starting in March I decieded to tackle my bad Credit. Experian 534, Equifax 529, and Transunion 541. I have paid 3 collection accounts off which two were PFD, Disputed two collection accounts and got those deleted and  I raised my UTI getting a credit increase on my capital one card to 3000, and opened a Conn's credit account. I am currentely sitting at an average 644 credit score.  I currently have 2 inquiries on my credit and I have 12 late student loan payments from 2years ago or older. All I have is 1 collection account which I am working on negotating for PFD from Credit systems international.  I paid off my car in January and it dropped my score 53 points. What should I do now? My ultimate end game is to get a house in the next year. My debt to income ration sits about 3%. What should be my next move for a credit increase?

Get a small secured personal loan to replace the auto loan, that will get some of those lost points back. Also you should have three revolving accounts.

Most Recent FICO 8 Scores EX571/TU508/EQ560 10/03/2017 Starting scores 553/485/543 08/25//2017
~~~Credit lines~~~~
SDFCU VISA Secured $250
Discover Secured $200
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

The small loan is a good idea, and what efforts, if any have you tried to make on the late student loan payments?
EX 08 Fico: 729 TU 08 Fico: 735EQ 08 Fico: 740Total Credit Line: $128,600Utilization: 6%Inquiries:EX-6TU-7EQ-5

Valued Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any suggestions to who to go to for a secured loan? 

Valued Member
0 Kudos

I have sent GW letters to my student loan companies and  nothing has worked so far. 

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

For loan you should look at Alliant. Lots of good posts on here about them.

Keep killing them with kindness on those goodwill letters. Make sure you are doing emails and messages through their secured email server as well. Plus any chance you get to do a survey with them, always add comments about your efforts to have a goodwill adjustment done on your account.
0 Kudos

asgor wrote:

St Department FCU is a good one

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

gdale6 wrote:

asgor wrote:

St Department FCU is a good one

Agreed.  Also try Lowe,s Walmart and Discover IT (for your tradelines).  Congrats on the progress.

Goal: 700's by 11/1/2015 (all baddies will be gone)

Contributor
0 Kudos

Well everyone has suggested what I was gonna say

Filed BK 8/2015 Discharged 12/2015
QS AU$1300 QS1 AU $1100 QS $1300 QS $600 Spark Business $1500.. DiscoverIt Secured $300..FingerHut FreshStart $130 Graduated $200, Victoria $250 NewYork&Co $250 CFNA $1000
Valued Member
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I got approved for Amazon Store card  (800) today whoo hoo! 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.