Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so confused..

tag
chemical360
Valued Member

Re: I am so confused..

Well let's see, right now I have a $100 hospital item dated 2011 that I paid yesterday.

The other is a $71 MRI facility that is also paid dated 2009.

Those are the recent ones.

Then my student loans went delinquent in 2004.

and a $1000 electric bill that was a huge fiasco and misunderstanding but either way that was 2008.

That is pretty much it. That is all I have for negative impacting items.

Message 11 of 14
Jutz
Valued Contributor

I would agree and urge you to pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com so you can know exactly what you're dealing with.  Your student loans that defaulted are aged based on the date of first deliquency.  Further, they may only report to 1 or 2 of the three bureaus.  It is supremely important that you know exactly what is one each bureau or you're going in blind.  Annualcreditreport.com is the only website you should use to pull your actual reports, for free, once a year. 

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 12 of 14
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@chemical360 wrote:

Well let's see, right now I have a $100 hospital item dated 2011 that I paid yesterday.

This hospital item. is it showing on your report as a collection? Did you pay them or the hospital?

The other is a $71 MRI facility that is also paid dated 2009.

Was this also paid to a collection company or the original creditor?

Those are the recent ones.

Then my student loans went delinquent in 2004.

and a $1000 electric bill that was a huge fiasco and misunderstanding but either way that was 2008.

Does this show a balance? Outstanding or has this been taken care of?

That is pretty much it. That is all I have for negative impacting items.

Negative factors, if reporting, will continue to be negative even if you paid the account. 

A paid collection looks exactly the same to FICO scoring as an unpaid one, which could explain the differnces in your scores from FreeCreditReport.com

I would send what is know as good will letters to the ones that are already paid, asking for removal. Removal is the key to getting your score to raise.

Also what is the util percentage showing on your credit cards? Util percentage makes up 30 percent of your FICO score

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 13 of 14
chemical360
Valued Member

Ok so the Hospital Bill that I paid dropped off. all 3 reports and it did not effect my score that much. My Credit utilisation last checked was at 24% and those are all paid off so I am waiting for my util to drop. 24% is the highest it has gone to. My student loans are only on my Transunion Report and it is actually helping it as it makes the age of my accounts longer. the $71 MRI is still on there but since it is so old a broker told me not to really worry about it as it will not effect it that much. I am not sure if I should try to get it off. I had a car loan that is Paid off but because I was 30days late on the last payment due to my wife having a baby they put it as a charge off. I am going to try to contact them and see if they will change it because of the circumstances considering it was a 6 year loan and I had perfect payments up untill then. I am pretty sure that and the fact that my history is not that long because I never got credit cards because I did not want to make my credit worse knowing I already made some mistakes in my past.  My Equifax Fico score is 600 and my transunion is 638 the diff is the transunion has the student loans which makes my history longer. I have 2 credit cards with perfect payment history  but the oldest one is only 7 months old.

Do you think that it is possible to get my score to between 620-640 anytime soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.