Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so disgusted...

tag
CanOnlyGetBetter
New Contributor

I am so disgusted...

I know this takes time but it's just so discouraging.  I've been working for a little over a year on my credit...got some medicals deleted, deleted public records that weren't mine, paid some open accounts.  NOW I had some good credit fall off my CR's and I got rebucketed (my history went from 14 years to 9 years).  My TU score dropped 29 points and EQ dropped 22 points.  I'm basically right back to where I started in March of 2009.  I've done verything I can do.  I just have to wait...and wait...and wait.

I vow to not run another report until November when my next big ding is due to fall off.

The ticking clock is driving me crazy because I really want to buy a house.

Starting Score: TU: 606 EQ: 600
Current Score: TU: 658 EQ: 661
2011 Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am so disgusted...

Don’t get discouraged! It is worth the fight. Just keep plugging away and you will see the benefits in the long run. I was in your boat before and I just closed on my first house. My hard work paod off and so shall yours.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind sharing what you did to raise your score 80 points in 4 months?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed collections and sent good will letters. 2 collections accounts that were paid off were never deleted like the creditor said they would be so I disputed them and had them removed. 1 collection I paid for delete. Another collection belonged to my brother so I had to dispute with Sprint as to the validity of the account. Also good willed accounts. 1 car loan that showed a 60day late on the last payment. HSBC credit card showed a 30 day late. It was a long tedious process but was worth it.

Message 4 of 9
CanOnlyGetBetter
New Contributor

Thanks for the confidence boost!  I know its just a matter of time.

And, CONGRATS on your new home!  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU: 606 EQ: 600
Current Score: TU: 658 EQ: 661
2011 Goal Score: 750

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had bad credit for the past nine years due to a bankruptcy.  Another year and it will be off my credit report but I've been trying to get my scores to 700 now.  Its been in the mid 600's for years, but I now have it up to 682.  Perfect payment history the past six years but I still have high balances on credit cards.  I finally came across some cash to paydown my credit cards.  I paid one off for $8500 and one for $5000.  I still have another $15000 outstanding.  I figured that now my credit utilization percentage would go down, thereby increasing my scores.  Boy, was I wrong.  The credit card company for the $8500 card said they re-evaluated by credit worthiness and reduced my credit line to $900.

I am so disgusted........

Message 6 of 9
happy0510
Established Contributor

You are not alone!!

I have been doing time for the past almost 7 years!! 

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Message 7 of 9
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

I am right there with you and very discouraged! You aren't alone. It is very frustrating. I feel like I make progress and then something random happens to pull my score back down. Our goal is a home loan as well.

We should start a thread and track our progress to get a home loan, lessons learned, our strategies etc. I bet we could learn a lot from each other and there are probably others out there in our same shoes.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel for all of you. As stated before I was in the same boat. I would make progress and then something would happen. I would get over that hurtle and then something else would happen. All I can say is persistence is key and to keep your heads up. It’s kind of like climbing a mountain. You think you see the top and once you get there you realize it was just a ridge and the top is still a ways away.

Send goodwill letters to everyone, and keep sending them. Use PFD’s for collection accounts. And best of all, if there are any outstanding accounts that you know of, or if you get a collection notice, respond to it immediately. Its 100% easier to take care of an account before it hits your credit report.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.