Frequent Contributor
novabama

I am so mad!!! What can I do?

Ok so on September 6, I applied for a checking account online at First Educators CU here in Alabama because I noticed they were building a new branch right by my house and that's the closest CU. Ok well so it had been a month, they pulled my credit on 9/6... never heard anything back. Yesterday I called them to get an answer. A somewhat obtuse and obnoxious woman who handles online apps did not understand that I applied before I started rebuilding (like a dummy) and that in one month my report had changed a lot. She said unfortunately her supervisor had already reviewed and for now would only offer me a savings account and then if I would like to open a checking, I could in possibly 3-6 month. I said well that is fine and dandy, but would it be possible for me to send him a copy of a new report because I pull daily and have had A LOT of incorrect things removed. She said no, but did I want her to pull a new report? I said NO multiple times that I have been working very hard to increase my score and I did not want to have an additional hard inquiry unless I knew there was a good chance I would get it after he knew how much of an increase I had and I spoke with him. She said he'd give me a call "sometime, probably not tomorrow or even the next day".

LOW AND BEHOLD, I log into Equifax today and they did a hard pull yesterday!!!! Are you kidding me? I am SO MAD!!! Is there anything I can do about this??? I did not authorize it! :robotmad:

Goal Score: 640 Good things come to those who wait.
Good things come to those who work their butt off and never give up.

Removals - Asset Acceptance, Receivable Solutions, LVNV Funding, Enhanced Recovery, Credit Systems Int, Discover Financial, Amchek/Amsher, Financial Adj Services, Chase, Target, AFNI, RJM, Portfolio Rec!
Valued Contributor
madmann26

Re: I am so mad!!! What can I do?

You'll have to take it up with the CU. The CRA's won't do much about it.

Starting Score: EQ 511 TU 552 EX 545 8/29/2012
Current Score: TU 705|EQ 690|EXP 698 (FICO)
What's in my wallet? Cap1 PLAT AU $1.25k; Cap1 Cash AU $2k; NFCU Siggy $23k; $4k WalMart DC; CFNA Firestone $2.2k; Amazon $2.1k; NFCU Cash Rewards $22K; AMEX BCE $18k; NavCheck $15k; Lowe's $10k; Citi DP $6.3k; AMEX ED $8.5k; Chase Freedom $4.5k
Goal Score: 700 across the board.
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Journey
New Contributor
mmmagique

I would write them a letter letting them know what was said to me. 

In fact, I just *did* write my CU a letter letting them know how I was treated. I made a thread in this very forum about it entitled "my hometown CU sent me a form letter". I got a call from the lady who sent me the form letter. She apologized, and gave me the GW I had originally asked for. 

When writing, be polite and not overly emotional. There is a copy of the letter I wrote in my thread, but just taylor your letter to your specific situation, of course. 

After I wrote the letter, I figured out how they do their emails at that CU. (in my particular case is was first name.last name @ credit union.com) Then I found a list of executives, and sent the letter to the executives I thought might care, including the lady who sent me the original form letter. I should have sent it snail mail, but I was a bit angry, and just did it the quickest way I knew how. *lol*

Good luck!

Shogun

You will need to contact the CU and explain to them, "politely", your situation and ask that they fix it in good faith.  :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Frequent Contributor
novabama

I guess I am going to give the manager or supervisor or superhero, whatever he is, until friday to call me back. If I don't hear back friday I plan to call and, as politely as I can, raise hell. :smileyhappy: I still cannot believe they did that even after I said not to. 

Goal Score: 640 Good things come to those who wait.
Good things come to those who work their butt off and never give up.

Removals - Asset Acceptance, Receivable Solutions, LVNV Funding, Enhanced Recovery, Credit Systems Int, Discover Financial, Amchek/Amsher, Financial Adj Services, Chase, Target, AFNI, RJM, Portfolio Rec!
Shogun

Politely raise hell.   OK,,,  I like that one!

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}