Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am wrestling with which to pay. Please help

tag
Mayn
Regular Contributor

I am wrestling with which to pay. Please help

I have 1 Macys charge-off acct that last reported in march of 2012.  I called them and they said this is now at citi for collections.  Citi hasnt reported anything.  It says i have a $444 balance and n/a on the credit limit.

Or, I have a CA due to an unpaid comcast bill.  I pd one then soon after another popped up so its fresh, like 9/2014, comcast 'said' they would delete but it only says $0 now.  This acct is with ERC.  What would be best to pay off of these 2 options as far as a score boost?  Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am wrestling with which to pay. Please help

Honestly, I would handle the Macy's first before the CA reports. You do not want to fight another collection on your credit report. The other collections you can try to negotiate a PFD.... they are already there on your report.... catch the Citi one before it gets there....I am not an expert.. hopefully others will weigh in. But that is what I would do.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am wrestling with which to pay. Please help

I agree with the poster above. Paid it before it shows up. Better to be pro-active than reactive. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.