Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I asked Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked Equifax

I called and asked equifax for an early exclusion (due to fall off next month). Now the account was listed as closed but as paid (Td bank). Didnt find this out until i read my report again. If i had noticed it read what it did i would have left it there. But i figured and didnt read closely it was not listed as a chargeoff like it is on the other two. Follow me? It is listed on my 2 other reports as charge off. Got those deleted early. Equifax said you could dispute the item. I told the CSR 4 times in the conversation I did NOT want to dispute. That I was asking only for an early dispute. Well Equifax came back and flagged it as bad debt and listed it as chargeoff and obviously did not delete it...Anything I can do?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I asked Equifax

Not early dispute, early deletion..sorry on my phone and I couldn't edit.
Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Call and ask for a supervisor. The max time it can report is 7.5 yrs from the accounts DoFD.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you norman???
Message 4 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Only the creditor themselves can actually add the derogatory reporting of the CO, so it is apparent that EQ did actually treat as a dispute, and forwarded it to the crreditor, who then added the CO to be consistent with their reporting with the other two CRAs.

You could possibly assert that you did not file a dispute, and thus referral to the credtior was not necessary on the part of the CRA.

Howver, what is done is done, and the update provided by the creditor is accurate, so there is now no basis for disputing the update.

An unfortunate event, but I see no recourse to require deletion of the added, accurate reporting.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense robertEG. Obviously my Equifax score will take a nose dive?
Message 6 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
That makes sense robertEG. Obviously my Equifax score will take a nose dive?

If it was just showing as a late account and now its showing as a CO then yes the status date has come current and it will cause a Fico score drop.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was actually showing closed and paid..Man I screw myself by assuming it said what the 2 others said..I am so screwed now after trying to build so hard..obviously EQ won't early delete.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talk about waking up a sleeping giant...wow, I can't belI've I did this t myself...
Message 9 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Talk about waking up a sleeping giant...wow, I can't belI've I did this t myself...

Its only for one month and once its gone your Fico will recover. I had suggested that you call them again and ask to speak with a supervisor as you should be able to get an EE with only 1 month to go.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.