Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beat LVNV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I beat LVNV

Went through SC BBB and got them on reporting as a "Factoring Company"! Success is Sweet! Now I am going after Midland!

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

August 1, 2012

Mod Cut

RE:         XXXXXX; Case/File No. XXXXX

Previous Creditor:  MHC Receivables LLC;

Original Creditor: Credit One Bank, N.A.

Current Owner:  LVNV Funding LLC

Account Number:  Mod Cut

Reference Number:  373259477

Current Balance:  $0.00

Dear Mod Cut

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated July 26, 2012 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns account number ending in 9908. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of accounts owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by MHC Receivables LLC (“MHC”) on or about December 10, 2009 at which time the balance was $630.73. As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $0.00.  Please review the following account information:

1. MHC advised that this account originated on May 9, 2008 and was opened with Credit One Bank, N.A.
  2. This account charged off on November 26, 2009 with a balance of $630.73.
  3. MHC advised the last payment in the amount of $20.00 was received on April 7, 2009.
  4. No payments have been received on this account since LVNV’s acquisition in December 2009.

After further investigation, this account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle.  Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused Mr. XXXXX.  Additionally, Mr. xxxxx should receive no further communication from our office regarding this account.

If we do not receive additional information from you within 45 days of the date this letter is received, then we will assume this dispute is resolved.  If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

Mod Cut

Compliance Department                                                  

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Please don't post personal information such as full names, home addresses, account numbers, direct phone numbers etc.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

Re: I beat LVNV

Congrats! I was able to get LVNV off my husbands report but they will not be deleting mine. Go figure~! Unfortunately, LVNV is smart. For the folks who have pretty bad overall credit (more than a few collection accounts, late pays and not a lot of positive account information) they are willing to delete their reporting. However, in my case, I have only a small fraction of bad, the rest being almost 14 years of positive payment records, etc....

All of their lying is ridiculous. I love how they say that they sent all of these dunning notifications, which they did not. I did not get a notice until March 10, 2012. I pulled my credit report March 26, 2012 and saw they entry as 1st reported as of January 2011. That is when I started dealing with them and Northland Group(there little collection croney).

Mod Cut

Greenville, SC 29601-2164

Previous Creditor:  Arrow Financial Services, LLC

Original Creditor: HSBC Direct Merchants Bank

Current Owner:  LVNV Funding LLC

Account Number: 

Reference Number: 

Current Balance:  

Dear 

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated July 23, 2012 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns account number ending in ####. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of accounts owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by Arrow Financial Services, LLC (“Arrow”) on or about September 23, 2011 at which time the balance was $. As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $.  Because interest, payments, credits, fees, and/or other permissible charges can continue to cause the account balance to vary from day to day, you should contact us at 888-665-0374 to determine the exact balance. Please review the following account information:

1. Arrow advised that this account originated on 2005 and was opened with HSBC Direct Merchants Bank.
  2. This account charged off on 2008.
  3. Arrow advised the last payment in the amount of $ was received on  2007.
  4. No payments have been received on this account since LVNV’s acquisition in 2011.

All rights to collect were transferred to LVNV when this account was purchased from the previous creditor.  Therefore, this account is being reported to the three major consumer reporting agencies.  The original creditor also retains the right to report the history of this account from the origination date to charge off.

Please be advised Resurgent utilizes third party collection agencies to collect on its behalf. This account was placed with Northland Group on  2011 to collect on the unpaid balance. We have confirmed with Northland Group that an initial settlement letter was mailed to Mrs.......... on  2011. Additionally, a negative reporting notice was mailed to Mrs.......... on , 2011, prior to the credit bureau reporting of this account on  2011.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a request to update the LVNV tradeline as disputed will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle.

If, after review of the above referenced information, Mrs.......... believes this account is fraudulent, we would ask for a completed police/incident report regarding the fraud, or a notarized fraud or identity theft affidavit in order to help us resolve this matter.  Blank forms are available at the FTC’s website: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/.  If this account was paid or settled in full, the settlement offer, cancelled check(s), and/or confirmation of payment in full would help us resolve this complaint.  In addition, if Mrs.......... has any correspondence to/from Arrow and/or HSBC Direct Merchants Bank concerning her dispute, it may help with our investigation, so please have her forward it to:

Compliance Department    or     Fax:  866-467-0918

MS 250

P.O. Box 10497                       

Greenville, SC 29603

If we do not receive additional information from you within 45 days of the date this letter is received, then we will assume this dispute is resolved.  If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

Compliance Department                                               

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 2 of 42
boomersooner02000
Valued Member

Mind sharing what you sent to the BBB about the factoring company. My wife has 2 with them on her reports that I'd like to get off. I've defeated them in a lawsuit on her behalf already.

Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just reported to BBB that LVNV is not a factoring company. Look up the definition of factoring company , copy and paste definition to the complaint they folded in less than a week. By the way file the complaint with the BBB against Ressurgent in Greenville SC. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 42
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Please edit your post to remove your personal information and CC# !   You should not post this information in a public forum.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 42
giants1986
Valued Member

I just filed a BBB complaint with the information you provided. Hopefully i can get this removed! Thanks!

Equifax - 682
Trans Union - 687
Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome. LVNV has been a pain in my side also, I just filed with BBB in regards to the Factoring company info. Thanks a ton for this!!! I hope it works for me also!

Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck everyone, Knock these Mod Cut in the head, ruining our credit reports on junk debts.

Please keep our comments g-rated - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 8 of 42
giants1986
Valued Member

I submitted a dispute with the BBB and received LVNV's response today: 

August 9, 2012

Linda XXXX

408 N. Church St. Suite C

Greenville, SC 29601-2164

RE:      XXXXXXXXX; Case/File No. XXXXXX

Previous Creditor:  HSBC

Original Creditor: Guitar Center

Current Owner:  LVNV Funding LLC

Account Number:  XXXXXXXXXXX

Reference Number:  XXXXXXX

Current Balance:  $690.46

Dear Ms. XXXX:

This letter is in response to your correspondence dated August 1, 2012 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns account number ending in 5639. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of accounts owned by LVNV.  The account was previously sold by HSBC on or about May 17, 2010 at which time the balance was $477.65. As of the date of this communication, the account balance is $690.46.  Because interest, payments, credits, fees, and/or other permissible charges can continue to cause the account balance to vary from day to day, you should contact us at 888-665-XXXX to determine the exact balance. Please review the following account information:

1. HSBC advised that this account originated on August 14, 2006 and was opened with Guitar Center.
  2. This account charged off on April 30, 2010 with a balance of $477.65.
  3. The last payment in the amount of $50.00 was received by HSBC on February 15, 2010.
  4. No payments have been received on this account since LVNV’s acquisition in May 2010.
  5. Enclosed is the credit application for this account. 

Please be advised the consumer reporting agencies define factoring company as a company or individual who purchases accounts with the intent of collecting debts owed.  Therefore, the term is accurate in this situation.

In most cases, creditors charge off accounts once they are 120 days or more past due/delinquent.  The statement “120 days past due” is generally how a charged off account is defined by the credit bureaus.  Due to the account being charged off, the bureaus still report it as 120 days past due.  This comment is added by the bureaus to further define the account; therefore, this statement cannot be altered.

Our records indicate Mr. XXXX contacted our Customer Service Department on numerous occasions requesting a settlement on this account. Settlements have previously been offered. During the conversations, Mr. XXXX requested to settle in exchange for tradeline deletion. Each time he was advised it is not our company policy to accept payment in exchange for tradeline deletion. We are willing to accept a settlement on this account and upon receipt of the funds; the account will be reported as “account paid in full for less than the full balance.” We welcome Mr. XXXX to contact our Customer Service Department at 888-665-XXXX if he would still like to settle this account, understanding the account will be reported as such once paid.

Additionally, if, after review of the above referenced information, Mr. XXXX believes this account is fraudulent, we would ask for a completed police/incident report regarding the fraud, or a notarized fraud or identity theft affidavit in order to help us resolve this matter.  Blank forms are available at the FTC’s website: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/.  If this account was paid or settled in full, the settlement offer, cancelled check(s), and/or confirmation of payment in full would help us resolve this complaint.  In addition, if Mr. XXXX has any correspondence to/from HSBC and/or Guitar Center concerning his dispute, it may help with our investigation, so please have him forward it to:

Compliance Department    or     Fax:  866-467-XXXX

MS 250

P.O. Box 10497                      

Greenville, SC 29603

If we do not receive additional information from you within 45 days of the date this letter is received, then we will assume this dispute is resolved.  If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-XXXX.

Sincerely,

P. XXXX

Compliance Department                                             

Enclosure

------

What should I do here? I want to reject their response but I need some help with what I should include in my response. I am of course not disputing the debt just their reporting as a factoring company. Can I get some advice here? Thanks.

Equifax - 682
Trans Union - 687
Message 9 of 42
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

"What should I do here? I want to reject their response but I need some help with what I should include in my response. I am of course not disputing the debt just their reporting as a factoring company. Can I get some advice here? Thanks."

Honestly, there is little to nothing you can do. Since you are technically past due 120 days, they are allowed to place that information on your credit report. BLAH!

You are in the same boat as I am. If LVNV feels that you are capable of paying your debts based on your credit report, they become unwilling to delete, change anything and often times will say fradulent stuff to BBB to keep their reporting on your credit report. Frankly since they are unwilling to PFD, charged a huge amount of interest/fees in the last few years on my account, I've decided that they will remain unpaid. In 2014 they will be off my credit report, passed SOL and if another company purchases this debt then I will settle at that point. LVNV will never get a cent from me. They lied to BBB and lied to me. I wouldn't even mind paying them without a PFD, however they are a dishonest company which I will not deal with. If they contact me in the future, I will tell them to blank off!

On a side note, anyone with a bad past with multiple collections, chargeoffs, lates and derrogs often do well by reporting to the BBB. They removed their reporting from my husbands report.

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.