Did you mean: 

I beat LVNV

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I beat LVNV

@Shinoga wrote:

BUMP........Anybody have a suggestion?? it's past the 45 days they stated

Are you referring to validation by LVNV? Per the FDCPA, a CA has an unlimited time to validate and when they do, they don't have to provide copies from the OC, though it looks like LVNV is stalling by requesting copies themselves. I'd call CapOne directly and request the last few statement copies. At the least, you can compare it to whatever LVNV comes up with. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD....or wait a little time and contact the BBB again. Even if a CA goes away, it doesn't make the debt less valid and they can resell it to someone else.

Message 31 of 42
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Shinoga wrote:

BUMP........Anybody have a suggestion?? it's past the 45 days they stated

Are you referring to validation by LVNV? Per the FDCPA, a CA has an unlimited time to validate and when they do, they don't have to provide copies from the OC, though it looks like LVNV is stalling by requesting copies themselves. I'd call CapOne directly and request the last few statement copies. At the least, you can compare it to whatever LVNV comes up with. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD....or wait a little time and contact the BBB again. Even if a CA goes away, it doesn't make the debt less valid and they can resell it to someone else.

If you are referring to the 45 days LVNV says it could take to remove the account from the CRAs, I would contact the CRA in charge of the LVNV account (likely Resurgent Capital) and ask kindly for them to resumbit the removal, OR contact the BBB and complain again..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 32 of 42
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

Omg I got a reply from Lvnv for deletion the same time h replied !!!! Woo hoo

MY FICO = 690 CK=660 GOAL = 750 and my own house!..Back in the garden

Message 33 of 42
RocketChick
New Contributor

yayyy!!! Congrats!!!

Message 34 of 42
RocketChick
New Contributor

I just got my letter back also!! They are going to delete the TL !! Smiley Very Happy  It happened so fast! I just filed my complaint on the 21st and got my response today!!

Message 35 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please PM me the information you used to beat LVNV? I'm trying to buy a home and settling will hurt my chances of getting the mortgage. Thanks in advance!
Message 36 of 42
smoovone

I could also use this information if someone would PM me with it as well. Thanks in advance!

Message 37 of 42
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Could you please PM me the information you used to beat LVNV? I'm trying to buy a home and settling will hurt my chances of getting the mortgage. Thanks in advance!

There is no real need for this info to be PMed, it's actually been discussed in this very thread. Most people who have had success have gone through the Better Business Bureau of South Carolina. http://www.bbb.org - others have sent complaints to the Attorney General of South Carolina, but its seems the BBB approach has worked for many people..

Simply state what you feel is inaccurate about the information you see reported. We never advocate attempting to remove valid information, but in the case of LVNV, they is almost always something inaccurate about what they do, whether its a zombie debt, misreported addresses, incorrect reporting status, ect ect..

Good luck.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is some wonderful information about Factoring companies and credit cards:

consumer credit card account can't be factored at all.  Here is a thread that was extremely helpful to me.

Edited to remove link to CBs.   Shogun, myFICO moderator

Message 39 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh....forgot to add this tidbit from that forum:

Even more important though is to watch out for re-aging, which seems to be another favorite tactic of these (Junk Debt Buyers) JDBs. The key date really would be the date of first delinquency leading to charge off, as required by the FCRA to determine the obsolescence date, and which *must* be the same date as the Original Creditor's (OC). I keep seeing that some like to change the delinquency date to the date they purchased the account, which is a DEFINITE no-no. That would not only brutalize your score, it would cause the account to stay on your report longer than allowed by federal law.

When a factoring company purchases debt, the debt cannot be charged off.   It has to still be open and the OC has to send you a letter stating that a factoring company will be collecting the debt from you. 

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.