Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beat Midland credit

tag
fdrfan54
Frequent Contributor

I beat Midland credit

I got a letter from my local courthouse clerk saying that a order of dismissal motion has made and that the suit has been dismissed without prejudice.  I didn't even have to go to court.  I just submitted my paperwork  like award letters etc though the circut clerk. and they mailed a copy to the atty repsenting to midland.

What does without prejudice mean?

I wish I could of nailed them on a fcdpa vioilation.

Newegg Card $1200| Amazon Card $1000| Walmart Card $1100| Discover IT Card $1500 Current Fico score is 672 currently Gardening for the time being. Been a member of the Garden since 11-21-17 Planning to stay until Mid-2019.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: I beat Midland credit

Congrats. To answer your question it means - without detriment to any existing right or claim.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without prejudice means they can bring the suit up again.
Message 3 of 6
fdrfan54
Frequent Contributor

Why would they since they know im disabled and on ss.

Newegg Card $1200| Amazon Card $1000| Walmart Card $1100| Discover IT Card $1500 Current Fico score is 672 currently Gardening for the time being. Been a member of the Garden since 11-21-17 Planning to stay until Mid-2019.
Message 4 of 6
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@fdrfan54 wrote:

I got a letter from my local courthouse clerk saying that a order of dismissal motion has made and that the suit has been dismissed without prejudice.  I didn't even have to go to court.  I just submitted my paperwork  like award letters etc though the circut clerk. and they mailed a copy to the atty repsenting to midland.

What does without prejudice mean?

I wish I could of nailed them on a fcdpa vioilation.

Congrats!!

Without any loss or waiver of rights or privileges.

When a lawsuit is dismissed, the court may enter a judgment against the plaintiff with or without prejudice. When a lawsuit is dismissed without prejudice, it signifies that none of the rights or privileges of the individual involved are considered to be lost or waived. The same holds true when an admission is made or when a motion is denied without prejudice.

The inclusion of the term without prejudice in a judgment of dismissal ordinarily indicates the absence of a decision on the merits and leaves the parties free to litigate the matter in a subsequent action, as though the dismissed action had not been started. Therefore, a dismissal without prejudice makes it unnecessary for the court in which the subsequent action is brought to determine whether that action is based on the same cause as the original action, or whether the identical parties are involved in the two actions.

Starting all over again!
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@fdrfan54 wrote:

Why would they since they know im disabled and on ss.

They most likely wont as SS benes cannot be attached even in a bank account unless you are keeping more than 2 months benes on deposit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.