Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

tag
superdad
Regular Contributor

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since i have been on because i have been busy with work, life and getting my CR cleared up to get a house.  I am down to my last 10k in debt and will have it all paid off in about 5 months. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

On the last few accounts, what letter should i be sending?  I want to pay them off in full but want to make sure there removed from the CR report.

Also i recieved a email from a old car loan "X let it get taking back".  I thought it was settled but i guess not.  The email was for a settlement.  Basicly 1700 which is 30% less of what is owed.  I will have to pay this also.  What do i need to do with this?  Is there a letter i can send saying i will pay the 1700? But i dont want it to show up on my CR as paid for less amount. Instead for paid as agreed?  Also i am not sure when this will drop off.  On my CR it says. Reported 01/14  Open 09/06 and DLA 03/12 So reading that. Shouldnt it have droped off my report?

Thanks

Jason

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

@superdad wrote:

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since i have been on because i have been busy with work, life and getting my CR cleared up to get a house.  I am down to my last 10k in debt and will have it all paid off in about 5 months. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

On the last few accounts, what letter should i be sending?  I want to pay them off in full but want to make sure there removed from the CR report.

Also i recieved a email from a old car loan "X let it get taking back".  I thought it was settled but i guess not.  The email was for a settlement.  Basicly 1700 which is 30% less of what is owed.  I will have to pay this also.  What do i need to do with this?  Is there a letter i can send saying i will pay the 1700? But i dont want it to show up on my CR as paid for less amount. Instead for paid as agreed?  Also i am not sure when this will drop off.  On my CR it says. Reported 01/14  Open 09/06 and DLA 03/12 So reading that. Shouldnt it have droped off my report?

Thanks

Jason

Is the "old car loan" on your CR?  If not, it would be a good idea to try to get them not to report at all...if its reporting try to get them to delete after you pay the settlement... For exclusion dates, You need to find out the date of first delinquency and then count 7-7.5 years from there.  Keep up the good work. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 9
superdad
Regular Contributor

Yes it shows up on my CR.  NOt sure where DoFD is. i dont see it on any of my CR's.

Message 3 of 9
superdad
Regular Contributor

Anyone????

Message 4 of 9
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Does it have a drop off date?

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@superdad wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Jason

Congrats on getting your house in orderl. What is the DOFD of that car loan? that is the key date for reporting purposes, the DOLA is irrelvant for CRTP calculations. What are the other baddies you will be looking at taking care of? Medical, cc, etc..

DOFD date of first delinquency

Message 6 of 9
superdad
Regular Contributor

I have checked all three of my CR's and i dont see anything that says DoFD, so im not sure where to get this info.

Other things left on are 10 collection's 4 of them are medical, i plan on doing a PFD letter.  I do plan on paying the whole amonts on each. Total of 10k

Message 7 of 9
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

I know TU and EX will state that "this account is scheduled to remain until MM/YYYY". Calculate 7-7.5 years prior to that date.

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@NWintellectual wrote:

I know TU and EX will state that "this account is scheduled to remain until MM/YYYY". Calculate 7-7.5 years prior to that date.

+1

If your PFD does not go well with the medical collections you can attempt the HIPAA Process, you can google it for more info.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.