Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get my TransUnion Info!

tag
taylorcherri
Established Member

I can't get my TransUnion Info!

Hello Eveyone,

This is my dilemma. I'm 24 yrs old, and I have taken steps to improve my credit score. I made a lot of mistakes between the ages of 18-23, therefore my credit score went from a 706 when I was 18, to an ultimate low of 454 in the beginning of 2009. In the last few months I have gotten my score to 488...but this is only my EQ score!

Anytime that I have tried to purchase my TU score, or get my TU credit report, I always get an error message. I remember I got the same message about 2 yrs ago, but at that time I wasn't concerned about fixing my credit. I went on the TU website, and tried to call all of the numbers, but they were all extremely long automated systems that led to nowhere. Finally after googling and doing research, I found a number that put me in contact with someone from TrueCredit. She told me that there was a security hold on my credit report because of fraud, but that was all the information she could give me. She then said I needed to call TU, and she gave me a number. I called the TU number and explained my situation to 7 or 8 TU employees, who kept telling me that they needed to transfer me to the person that handles my file. Everyone said that there was a fraud hold on my credit report, but no one could tell me why, and who authorized it. (I NEVER GOT ANYTHING IN THE MAIL/EMAIL TELLING ME THAT MY CREDIT REPORT WOULD BE FROZEN BECAUSE OF FRAUD). The last person I spoke to said that the person that handles my file isn't there, and that they would call me back.....of course they didn't.

Has anyone else dealt with TU on this issue? I'm so stuck.... I'm not sure what I should do. I'm trying to fix my credit so that I can live a happy life!!! Any advice?

454 EQ: 800
629 TU 589 EQ: 800
750: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't get my TransUnion Info!

http://www.transunion.com/corporate/personal/fraudIdentityTheft/fraudPrevention/fraudAlert.page

According to the above page, you must send a request in writing to remove the FA.

Message 2 of 5
devineer1
Regular Contributor

Just curious... Were you able to get this resolved... Currently having this same issue.. No one can help me and I just want to clear the matter up!
I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@devineer1 wrote:
Just curious... Were you able to get this resolved... Currently having this same issue.. No one can help me and I just want to clear the matter up!

This was 6 years ago....

Message 4 of 5
devineer1
Regular Contributor

Understanding that.. Just curious of how it was resolved.
I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.