cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't take it anymore!! Can an expert please give me advice??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't take it anymore!! Can an expert please give me advice??

Yup I owe 142 they asked for 70 about and stated they will with in 7 days remove the account and by 30 days remove it from the report. I am paying it off by next week.

Message 11 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Get removed from the QS card. The utilization on that, which counts for either 30 or 35% of your score, is killing you.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

But wouldn't removing myself from that card also hurt because at that point I would have no credit cards at all on my record seems how my Best Buy one was closed out.

Message 13 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

The best buy card will still be on your reports for up to roughly 10 years. The QS is hurting you more than it's helping you.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
The best buy card will still be on your reports for up to roughly 10 years. The QS is hurting you more than it's helping you.

Plus, once it's paid down, you should be able to be added back.  Correct?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

* Third, Goodwill those Derogs send them letters or emails or give them a call and see if ford and your mortgage lender can remove those 30 day lates.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Whenever a person starts with I've been trying for YEARS...it's obvious there's a disconnect between what the client 'feels' they understand and the reality of the situation.
Not a criticism, just a 'hey I get it, let's dig for the issue for correct the missing Link's

2) As mentioned that 95% maxed out 'I'm drowning and can't manage nor PAY' this account QS account is a death anchor to the RISK scoring that is of course credit scoring!

Are these 'family' accounts, are you involved in the debt creation and debt pay back?

If so, again budgeting, debt/household finance management requires attention

Since you're paying bills and have been paying bills, you may as well learn how to properly manipulate your efforts for browning points on the credit profile.

For instance, after YEARS there is no reason for you not to have at least added a few secured TLs which would have added enough history to have secured you unsecured accounts that might be a year or two themselves.by now

Example of learning the game
Having $300 CL secured CC with a $30 balance or a 10% debt utilization is WAY better than allowing a 97% debt utilization TL be representative of how RISKY it would be to give that profile MORE

Remember on-time payments are all created equal it's either paid on-time or not = 35%

The next most important and most controllable by YOU aspect of the scoring model is what % of debt load do you ALLOW to be reported
30% of the score is in your hands at all times, you must lean to manipulate this number or it KILLS your score...once you understand this it's easier to move forward understanding the rules, like any game.

Many times a huge part of the issue is ppl are issued checker pieces when the game is Chess
Message 17 of 18
ejm201
Valued Member

Just to add my two cents: I've had a Best Buy CC for 6 years( NEVER late) I missed one pmt of $5 (and I kid you not) they dropped my limit from $900 to $650. I missed the pmt due to a auto pay error. I forgot to put my account back on auto pay and they screwed me for this. Called them and they try to blame me saying well, it's your responsibility to make payments on time. I wanted to close that account that very moment because currently the balance on it is ZERO. Told wife will not put no more than $5 on that account for every 16 months just enough time to keep the line open since it was one of my oldest CCs.

And every one else has made some really great suggestions so nothing to add really beyond what has already been shared.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.