cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot build my credit to save my life!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot build my credit to save my life!

I've been paying down my credit cards, I have many smaller cards, and the oldest card I have is 4 years old. I've been working very consistently with trying to get things worked out and get my Score higher so I can qualify for better interest rates and forward my business. Right now I qualify for nothing, I am working with the one collector I have on my account and got one removed but my credit score didn't go anywhere. I'm sitting at a 562 on transunion and 486 on equifax. How the hell do people get their credit up. 

Help please.

Woman Frustrated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: I cannot build my credit to save my life!

Are those score's from Credit Karma?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

It would help if you list the problems you have on your CR.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my credit ratio is too high, and that's it. I have no collections, no late payments for 4-5 years. Yet my score only sits at 546 max. **bleep**?

@gdale6 wrote:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think my credit ratio is too high, and that's it. I have no collections, no late payments for 4-5 years. Yet my score only sits at 546 max. **bleep**?

@gdale6 wrote:

Again...Are those FICO scores or CK scores?   FICO scores are those that are used by banks.  CK uses Vantage scores which most lenders do not use.  For FICO scoring purposes, you need to have "1" account report a balance less than 10 % and the other accounts report zero balances when the statement cuts.  Also, you need to have an installment loan such as a mortgage, auto loan, or student loans.  Some individuals that do not have an installment loan will usually get a secured share loan with a CU.    30% of your score is utilization and if you have high utilization, then it will decrease your score.  Also, payment history is 35% of your score and charge offs affect your score and if they are on your reports, then it will negatively impact your score for 7.5 years unless you are able to get them removed via a goodwill request.  Please provide us with more information such as which accounts were charged off, current utilization on each account, and also the number of inquiries on each credit report.  Below is a link under understanding credit scoring.

Thanks in advance for the information.  Smiley Happy

http://www.myfico.com/credit-education/credit-report-credit-score-articles/

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.