Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could use some help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could use some help

Hello,

I came across this forum and have been trying to rebuild my credit should have done it a long time ago.

I have two medical debts in collection which total about 3k and have been sent to collections.

They have been sitting in there since april of 2011. How do I go about getting this off my record? Any tips would be great. I read the rebuilding thread

I feel like I'm getting into something hard just need help

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: I could use some help

Are they valid debts? If not you can start by disputing them. If they are valid you will have to try a PFD to get them off your CR. The only other option would be to let them age off, which should be 2018 if they occurred in 2011. I would start by making sure these are accurate and valid since medical debt can be rather inaccurate at times.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I came across this forum and have been trying to rebuild my credit should have done it a long time ago.

I have two medical debts in collection which total about 3k and have been sent to collections.

They have been sitting in there since april of 2011. How do I go about getting this off my record? Any tips would be great. I read the rebuilding thread

I feel like I'm getting into something hard just need help

Thank you.

Google the HIPAA Letter Process and follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 3 of 4
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Look into your pay to delete options (and letters/templates), also look into any goodwill options that you might have. Make sure to think about the age of accounts, start with the newest account, (accounts will be removed from your record via date of first deliquency on your reports).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.