cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd there a way to get my credit union to report?

tag
Hopingforamortgage
Contributor

I'd there a way to get my credit union to report?

Tiny credit union. First auto loan in 1994. We've had an auto loan through them ever since. Perfect payment history. They are on Equifax as oldest account, reporting once in 2004, once in 2006, and quarterly in 2010. Updated status in Dec. 2011. Then they were bought up. Big deer credit Union is reporting on Equifax.

They are not on Experian.

They are on Transunion as date opened in 2000. (Six years after it was opened.) They reported in 2004, 2006, 2010 and still show an open account which doesn't exist.

The credit union was bought up. The new credit union isn't on Trans Union at all.

I'm assuming having this installment information on there could help. Plus I would think having the oldest account go back another six years would be good.

What if anything can be done?
The new credit union retained the branch location and employees but ONLY through THIS Friday.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I'd there a way to get my credit union to report?

All you can do is ask them.

Not all creditors report and some not to all of the CRAs.

It cost money for them to do this.

Message 2 of 8
Hopingforamortgage
Contributor

So I'm guessing I'm out of luck on Experian.

As far as Transfusion, do I dispute the open balance and then have the CRA contact the credit union so they can update the open account to paid, zero balance, and report the current loan?

Is it to my advantage? It would show another year plus of payments and another paid account transferred to the other credit union.
Message 3 of 8
Hopingforamortgage
Contributor

It will show a higher balance. (We have two vehicles financed under one joint auto loan with a blended rate.)  So the balance climbs from 12K to 19K, but it would also be reported from December 2011 to present, which is two more years of paying as agreed.  It's an installment, so is it worth the effort i.e., would I see improvement in scores?

We've had two authorized user accounts removed that had negative information.  We've removed two medical collections.  (All this on all three.)  We're about to dispute two accouts (both paid c/o) that are due to fall off - one in April and the other in August.  And we paid down from 73%  utilization to 1%.  I'd love, love, love to see a sixty point jump by mid March.  And I only want to jump through hoops if we are going to see point increases.

I called the CU and they said they will correct anything the CRA sends them in a dispute.  I'm afraid the CRA (TransUnion) will remove the account instead of having it fixed.  I don't want them to remove it - it's all GOOD and for years.........

Message 4 of 8
titanofold
Established Contributor

That's not how I've ever heard of a CRA report update request being handled.

I think you should pop down to your CU and ask to speak with the credit manager.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 5 of 8
Hopingforamortgage
Contributor

Does it matter that I want the update for a CRA they normally do not report to? Is it asking too much?
Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 8
titanofold
Established Contributor

Like guiness said, you can ask. It doesn't hurt to ask.

They shouldn't be asking you to dispute the TL for them to update it. They really shouldn't want you to do that because those disputes cost the CU additional monies. (Or, so I've been told.)

I think you got an inept frontline representative on the phone. You could call again, but I would really just appear in person and ask to speak with a/the credit manager.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.