Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dodged a bullet!!!!!!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I dodged a bullet!!!!!!

Completely forgot to pay the balance on a medical account.  I called them and they said "we still have this in-house"....WHEW!!!!

That could have been bad.....very bad!

After having over 30 to pay, missing one wasn't so bad (I suppose)....$8 k later....almost payment free!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: I dodged a bullet!!!!!!

Message 2 of 3
PrettyPeacock
Contributor

Re: I dodged a bullet!!!!!!

Same boat.  I had something similar happen where I called them & paid off the account then a couple weeks later I get a bill from a collections agency for a different (higher amount) from same medical facility.  I called and they had me with a totally different account number for a mammogram then the MRI I had just paid off.  How ridiculous is that?  Luckily, since I was able to pay the day I got the letter they didn't report it.  I would have been livid if I had to jump through a bunch of hoops for a removal on something I didn't even know existed.  I am thrilled to finally be debt free.

4/13 CS from TU 599 11/3/13 Current FICO TU: 672, EQ 680
Negs: BK charged-off Jan '09, KS tax lien PAID, but still trying to figure out how to get it removed and 10 IIB accounts
Happiness: Merrick $750  |  Cap One $300  |  USBank $300  |  Victoria's Secret $500  |  The Buckle $250  |  JCrew $250  |  Express $250  |  Cap One $2000(AU)  |  Fingerhut $850 | Kohls (AU) $3000
Goals are 760 to buy a home & to stay in the Garden til 2/14
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.